Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

Is the Warden's keep DLC worth it?

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By VisariLoyalist

I've been debating downloading the mac version of DAO but I can't decide between the 50$ version with just the game and the stone punisher add on and the 65$ version with the soundtrack and warden's keep dlc added on. Any thoughts?

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By the8bitNacho

No.

Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Darkstar614

Warden's Keep adds a nice set of armor, and the ability to store items in a chest at said location. Unless of course you have the storage chest mod, then you don't really need this particular function. But I think both DLC's are worth it for the items/character they add.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By the8bitNacho

I never had a use for the storage chest.  MAybe it's just me, but I didn't feel the need to carry a bunch of crap around.  There's only about 45 minutes-to-an hour of gameplay.

Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Darkstar614
    @Kombat: Hm, you know... they were pretty damn short.  But it's a bummer to miss out on Shale at the very least.
    Aeterna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Aeterna

It adds a bit of backstory to the wardens, also you get some loot and the chest. I found the story to be interesting. Just fleshes out the world a bit more.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By AndrewB

It's pretty much an item gift pack. The quest takes all of a few minutes to complete. I was really disappointed.

jessej07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By jessej07

I was disappointed with the length (pause for comment), but overall enjoyed it and was happy with spending $7 for it.  It was an interesting story that you'll enjoy if you enjoy the rest of the game.  If you plan on paying $50 for the game you might as well go an extra $15 to get extra DLC and fancy LE items- the soundtrack is quite good I must say. 

You may be able to find a new copy for less than $50 somewhere, I know it was $35 on Black Friday at Best Buy.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fallen189

It's a bummer that it costs JUST OVER 500 points. It's what put me off buying it.

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By nail1080

If you love Dragon Age and have lots of cash to burn get it, well that's what I did anyway

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
    Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Im glad I got the deluxe version, paying £12 for an extra character (Shale, whom I found out was FEMALE after 20 hours of having it in my team) and a 30 minute long quest is daylight robbery. Considering that said character can leave if you make the wrong decision down the line and making it feel a bit like a waste

Though considering that, Shale makes for a damn good tank/support character.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Jimbo

No.

quezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By quezen

5 dollar for 20 min? nah, but I dont regret paying for it.

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By gike987

The story is interesting other than that it wasn't much to have. If you have mony to spend buy it for the story.But if you saving mony for something else, don't bother with buying it.

vinnylegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By vinnylegs

Only get that edition if you want the soundtrack...

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By mordukai

depends really.  
    You get some nice loot (make sure not leave the damn castle before finishing all the quests) . Learn two new spells that you'll rarely use, and also get a nice storage chest that is very useful taking the load off of your inventory. You'll also get a smith that will make a pretty darn good Long Sword or Two Handed Sword f you fin Star metal.  

On the other hand. It's way too sort at the price range they are asking for it, the chest mechanics is really dumb as it should have been in your camp so you won't have to travel to it every time you want to put or take items from it. It doesn't in any way progress the overall story and really doesn't effect anything. The main castle close (for good) once leave that are and travel to a different location and thereby miss out on a certain quest then you're SOL on that, tough luck, It would have been nice if Bioware had a warning msg before leaving the fucking place. 

sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sickVisionz

So you get: 

• Storage chest
    • Two new spells
    • A smith that makes you nice weapons
    • An hour of gameplay
    • More loot on top of the smith weapons

When you only mention the gameplay length it seems kinda pricey but when you include everything that's in it it seems like a pretty good deal imo. 

@quezen said: 

" 5 dollar for 20 min? nah, but I dont regret paying for it. "

LOL 
    Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheMustacheHero

It's DLC from Bioware.
    Mass Effect's was all total shit, you think this would be any better?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#19  Edited By Hailinel

As others have said, the quest length isn't particularly great, especially considering the amount of time it takes to complete some of Dragon Age's story quests, but the rewards you get for completing the DLC are worth it.  On my first playthrough, I actually got lucky and scored the Star Metal early on (my first random encounter event was the one where you retrieve the Star Metal), so when the smith said he could use it, I got an excellent sword without any extra effort.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.