Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

NO!!! Highlight THAT guy!!! He's RIGHT there!!! HIM!!!

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FunExplosions

Fuck. I'm really far into the game, playing on the PS3. Can someone tell me if the Xbox version is the same, using the d-pad as your only means of selecting enemies/scenery. It wouldn't be a problem if it actually worked. If you pointed the center ring of the radial menu at an enemy and pressed UP, then that guy should be selected... be he isn't. This is a huge problem when you're surrounded by 5+ enemies, have no idea what's what, and just want everyone to attack the same target. It also seems that the closer the enemy is to your character, the harder it is to highlight him. It really gets frustrating when I want to highlight some giant demon that is standing almost on top of me, and my guy can't seem to find him. I tried inputting some tactics: Attack the enemy that Alistair is attacking. But no matter how I adjust the tactics slots, my group still likes to attack the first thing they see.

I don't know. I am playing in Hard mode, so maybe that explains why - after my tenth death in a battle - that these fucking controls start to get to me. Anyone else run into this problem? And is the PC version really as easy as just clicking them? Or does that get hard as well?

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Jayzilla

When you pause the game with the radial menu on the 360 you simply place the enemy you want to target in the retical and then press the left stick button and it will lock on to that enemy. you can do this with your party members as well, or you can just have party members set to lock on to leaders target in the tactics menu. I just switch to a different character while paused that has a better vantage point when a character is too surrounded to lock on. If not, then the worst you have to do is to back someone up and do it which takes 2 seconds. For a console RPG, this game is pretty brilliant. I hear the PC version is even better.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FunExplosions
    @Jayzilla: Wow. Never thought of using the left stick. Thanks a lot.
    chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Also, I'm not sure about how it works on the PS3, but on the 360 if you press RB+LB it will select all of your party members at the same time so you can issue a command for all of them to attack one particular enemy.

Spotshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Spotshadow

Is there a way to tell who an enemy is targeting? Say there are some ranged (specifically archers) that are popping off shots off a non tank and I want to get him CC but not another archer cause he actually is targeting a tank. I can't seem to see the arrows very well.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By maxszy
    @FunExplosions: Hehe, yeah it helps. I play on the 360 and have been using the left stick to target enemies the whole time and it does it as well as it could I think.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.