Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon's Dogma

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released May 22, 2012

Capcom makes an ambitious undertaking with this 2012 Open World Action-RPG.

A few questions (special vendors and gifting items to NPCs)

jessej07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By jessej07

Early in the game (first time at the Encampment, I believe) I came across a vendor selling special items using RC (not Gold) as the currency. Since I had just started I couldn't afford anything... now I would like to check that stuff out again but I have never seen that vendor since.

Am I making that encounter up or did it really happen? Where do I find these people selling special items?

Also, does gifting ANY item to NPCs automatically raise their affection for you? I have a gagillion skulls and am not sure if everyone would appreciate them in the game. How do I know when I've properly gifted enough? Every time I talk to Madeleine a special jingle plays, but in my stats it doesn't show that I have anyone with a max affection for me.

I ask because I think I need to get more items unlocked from the weapons seller. Don't worry, I already had the romance thing happen so I'm not too worried about him falling in love with me :)

Help a brother out?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Tennmuerti

@jessej07:

There is only one such RC vendor and he is exactly where you met him the first time, in the tent of the fort close to the starting village.

Any giftable item will raise any NPCs affection, but if you give items that say in the descrioption that they are especially suited to a particular person giving them to that NPC or NPC type will increase the affection much faster. There are no stats that the game surfaces, but there is a jungle and then when you talk to them there is a poinkish cloud around their head when in conversation window, means their affection is past the upper level that is needed for aything. There is no actual ceiling, it can go even higher.

Carefull about raising NPC affection too high. The NPC with the highest affection will by default become your "love intereset" example: http://www.giantbomb.com/dragons-dogma/61-34776/gee-thanks-for-that-romance-outcome-dogma/35-549136/#67

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.