Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon's Dogma

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released May 22, 2012

Capcom makes an ambitious undertaking with this 2012 Open World Action-RPG.

Favorite "Set Piece" Architecture Location

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By monkeyking1969

I have really been blown away by some of the set pieces architectural location in this game. The designer not only made some nice areas to battle, but managed to make some very large multi-structure buddings.

Early in the game I found the main city of Gran Soren extremely fun to explore with its multiple levels and that ability to move between sections of the city, the wall and the castle by rooftop. But this week I found the Blue Moon Tower which was just amazing. I haven't had time to explore the whole structure but I have found that much of what you can see that looks like it is climbable is accessible if you find the right spot to jump down or jump across.

I have to applaud the level designers and artists at Capcom for making such interesting structures that have little nooks and alternate paths and hidden areas. Every time I play the game I can't help thinking, "This is the intricacy of world design I have been waiting to arrive thsi gen." While not a perfect game, it is one of the few RPG I've play this gen that is going the right direction with the architecture being scaled well. A climbable, scale sized world that you can run, jump, and climb upon....THANK YOU CAPCOM!!!

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By FourWude

A climbable, scale sized world that you can run, jump, and climb upon

Assassin's Creed is datta way...

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By monkeyking1969

@FourWude said:

A climbable, scale sized world that you can run, jump, and climb upon

Assassin's Creed is datta way...

I never seemed to have much fun in the AC games. I wish I could love them...but AC gets under my skin. But you are correct, AC does a 'very well scaled' world that can be run and climbed upon.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.