Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon's Dogma

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released May 22, 2012

Capcom makes an ambitious undertaking with this 2012 Open World Action-RPG.

"Free" on PSN Plus this month!

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By fetchfox

At least in Europe, I assume it's also available in the US. So I'm getting this and Metal Gear Rising (also "free" on PSN plus), so my weekend is booked!

I've never played ze Dogma before, is it worth the time? It's an RPG so I'm guessing I need to invest some serious time to play it all.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I spent an hour or so with it. Seems fun so far.

Yadilie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By Yadilie

It's a fun game. I had bought it a couple weeks ago and sadly plat it the day before they announced it was on PS+ =/. With Dark Arisen you get to move around so much easier. They give you about 5 or 6 Portcrystals compared to the 1 in the original game. So you can plop em down and buy the super cheap Ferrystones to zip around to do some quests easier.

But! The game really isn't that long if you don't want to hunt down every single pre-planned quest or the numerous notice board quests (which give shit xp/gold rewards most of the time).

Pawn AI is a little annoying. Seeing as how you can roll with three (four if you're one) Wizards and they can theoretically lay waste to even the Dragons in under a minute at a decent level but sometimes they just don't want to cast the right spells, especially the Affinity spells. Sometimes I wanted to scream at my TV for the Rift Pawns to give me Fire Affinity so I could do damage but they would take forever =(.

Fun game to mess around with though. Looks nice and I'm really interested if the Producer is actually going to follow up with a DD2 on PS4/X1. Might help the framerate issue just a tad.

@fetchfox Also you grabbed the free Jetstream Sam and Bladewolf DLC, yes?

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yadilie: No, guess I should. Thanks for the tip!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.