Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Drakan: The Ancients' Gates

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jan 28, 2002

Drakan: The Ancients' Gates is the sequel to the PC hit Drakan: Order of the Flame.

Drakan: The Ancients' Gates HD Revamp

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BruthaPat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BruthaPat

I think the majority of people who have played this wonderful gift to humanity can agree that, if it ever were to come back, it might just be the best day of our lives. There simply has to be an HD Revamp of this game for the PS3, or, I suppose now, the PS4.

I'm not too knowledgeable in the process of video game creation, but I don't think it would require too much work to take an already made game and make it A. Compatible with next-gen consoles, and B. With new and improved HD graphics.

I have wanted this for years, and for some reason I always told myself that it would happen. However, I think the love for the game is slowly dying, so I am attempting to take action.

My questions are:

Is this possible? Will the rights to the game be a problem since Surreal was absorbed by Monolith, which was bought by Warner Bros., the video game branch of the media behemoth, Time Warner? Monolith is still active, and making next-gen games (Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor), so their involvement is a possibility.

How can we kickstart this into the realm of possibility? Either we find a developer willing to do the work required and make our dreams come true, or we gather enough attention to show Monolith that a Drakan: The Ancients' Gates HD revamp would explode in the market and be a huge success (I think this is more likely).

Let's stop wishing that this would happen, and let's make it happen.

[link removed]

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Petitions never make anything happen, sorry duder. There are a ton of games I would love to get their due but never will and that's just the way it goes.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

I think the majority of people who have played this wonderful gift to humanity can agree that, if it ever were to come back, it might just be the best day of our lives.

Speaking as somebody who's played it somewhat recently: nope.

BruthaPat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By BruthaPat

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.