Draw Somethings with Randoms

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

Edited By onan

How is it possible that the Draw Something forum is almost completely devoid of threads..? It's criminal not to have it be more popular, what with all of the great content GB as a community is probably cranking out on an hourly basis.

I've slowly but surely come to hate the random people I play against in Draw Something. Sure, there are the jerks who just write the word, like the guy to wrote out "squirrel" (dude, really?) for me in one match, and the ones that can't spell (Had a guy try to write "kangaroo" about 4 times before getting it right.), but with only a few exceptions, it's been pretty miserable. Figured I'd vent and share.

No Caption Provided

Here's one I drew for a random match. Probably my favorite incorrect guess ever. She ultimately decided to pass and broke the streak. Of 1.

No Caption Provided

This second one I drew for another random, this time the word "Password." Watching the replay, the guy was confused until I drew the post-it note. As a security-conscious IT guy, it made me fairly unhappy.

Anyone else have good ones?

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By onan

How is it possible that the Draw Something forum is almost completely devoid of threads..? It's criminal not to have it be more popular, what with all of the great content GB as a community is probably cranking out on an hourly basis.

I've slowly but surely come to hate the random people I play against in Draw Something. Sure, there are the jerks who just write the word, like the guy to wrote out "squirrel" (dude, really?) for me in one match, and the ones that can't spell (Had a guy try to write "kangaroo" about 4 times before getting it right.), but with only a few exceptions, it's been pretty miserable. Figured I'd vent and share.

No Caption Provided

Here's one I drew for a random match. Probably my favorite incorrect guess ever. She ultimately decided to pass and broke the streak. Of 1.

No Caption Provided

This second one I drew for another random, this time the word "Password." Watching the replay, the guy was confused until I drew the post-it note. As a security-conscious IT guy, it made me fairly unhappy.

Anyone else have good ones?

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By TruthTellah

I only play with people that I know. Random people just seem... idiotic. If you can, I'd just play with good folks that you know.

Heck, I thought it was going to be impossible, but my friend just got "Beavis". I felt that my Beavis and Butthead image was alright, but he figured it out quicker than I expected. I suppose two ugly guys with big heads watching TV is pretty iconic.

wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By wunder_

I think a lot of the hype surrounding Draw Something died out really quick, expedited by the CEO of OMGPOP's twitter rant as well as the Zynga buyout and that stigma attached to it as well. Overall the game is definitely a friends/family type deal where you can play on the possible inside jokes that you have between each other or have at least some relationship based on something that isnt the game. In any case, the game has slowly lost its draw since the words are a bit repetitive and the new words like 'iCarly' or 'Ellen' aren't really that fun to draw. I've found myself googling a word just to draw the first image I see, or at least have some basis for abstract words or celebrities.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mike

@Wunder_ said:

...expedited by the CEO of OMGPOP's twitter rant as well as the Zynga buyout and that stigma attached to it as well.

I'm not so sure about that. I've mentioned the Zynga buyout to at least four separate people I know at work who play Draw Something, and mind you these people also play other video games, and:

• Not one knew what OMGPOP was.
    • No one knew Zynga bought OMGPOP.
    • Not one of them knew anything about the OMGPOP CEO's twitter rant about his former employee

I think one of the main reasons a game like Draw Something became so successful is because it appealed to the general smartphone-owning public. These are the average gamer now...not dudes like us who pay attention to news stories about game developers and hang out on video game forums. They're peacefully oblivious to all of this and doing what I wish I could do more of, which is enjoying games.

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By onan

Yeah, I just started playing and had been avoiding it primarily because it was so mainstream. I can't stand Fruit Ninja, for example.

I sort of have a love/hate relationship with the Randoms. I hate how obtuse they can be sometimes, but I like how they make me think differently, and try to come up with more foolproof ways to get them to understand things. Even what I consider to be a perfect drawing has a fair chance for failure, which is a complete departure from the 30+ streaks I've got going with people I actually know. There are very few surprises with those people because I know them so well and they know me. Randoms are wildcards and as a result can keep things interesting -- possibly in a negative way, but interesting nonetheless.

wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By wunder_

@MB: Yeah, I sort of meant in the context of this forum/twitter talk. Most of the media and other people involved in the gaming community picked it up fast and put it down fast mainly for those reasons I think

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Bell_End

have enough trouble keeping up with games with my friends and family. i have about 17 game son the go at the moment all with people i know.

i've never know a game spread so wide amounst my friends its crazy. im sure the bubble will burst at some point. but as of now im having a blast playing it.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Cirdain

My name is
    Panda War

hugh_jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By hugh_jazz

@Cirdain: I started a game with you, for shits and giggles. I suppose my username is omgpop-and-then-a-bunch-of-numbers, since I haven't made an account yet, just used facebook.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#10  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

Hostager, lol.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Cirdain
    @Hugh_Jazz

@Cirdain: I started a game with you, for shits and giggles. I suppose my username is omgpop-and-then-a-bunch-of-numbers, since I haven't made an account yet, just used facebook.

I don't see you.....
    hugh_jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By hugh_jazz

@Cirdain said:

@Hugh_Jazz

I don't see you.....

Van Gogh is fucking two words, that's bullshit.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#13  Edited By LordAndrew

Hostager is too good.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Karl_Boss

Don't people just draw penises 99% of the time?

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By onan

@Unknown_Pleasures said:

I actually haven't been sent a single penis, thank god. No Draw Something griefing on my end.

deinos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deinos

I have had about a 50/50 luck rate with randoms. I mostly play with randoms and a couple of friends. Have yet to see ppl randomly draw penises (although, I have been guilty of it when drawing something for my wife... the shocked laugh heard from the other room is priceless :) ).

I get some major artists who have hit the limit of round 99, some ppl who try... then give up and write the word, and then those ppl that can't even guess "Japan" when presented with the flag...

I have been struggling with getting rid of it, only reason I haven't is because the wife has so much fun with it and would be mad if I abruptly stopped playing :) However, I don't like supporting a founder who would make some of the statements made after the sale to Zynga... also, Zynga... yuck...

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Yanngc33

@onan said:

@Unknown_Pleasures said:

I actually haven't been sent a single penis, thank god. No Draw Something griefing on my end.

I don't know why but nobody I've met online has griefed or trolled me. The online community is oddly nice.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

#18  Edited By fobwashed

I posted a bunch of my draws on a blog here http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/fobwashed/draw-something/30-91851/

Here's a few I like and/or have been reposted in random ass places on the internet w/out credit -_-;;

Oh, and I get massive amounts of random games. I pretty much just delete them all since I don't have time to play w/my friends let alone a bunch of people I don't even know. Though, I do play with some randoms that listed their names in my instagram just because, I dunno, some ppl wanna see me draw? -_-;; It really does bug me though when ppl just write letters. C'mon. . .

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By themangalist

I sometimes obsessively draw whole comic strips for people. I think i need to quit this game.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MikkaQ

I've given up on randoms, they always just spell the word outright, or yeah, they're too retarded to guess simple concepts.

Plus when I play with friends, they know me, they know how I think, so it's easier for them to get in my head and make guesses out of my terribly abstract drawings.

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By onan

This one was one of the worst, I mentioned it in the op, but here you go:

No Caption Provided

He hit shuffle about 10 times, used a bomb, then hit shuffle a few more times before trying this, and then passing. Grr.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Cirdain
    @Hugh_Jazz

@Cirdain said:

@Hugh_Jazz

I don't see you.....

That is hilarious!
    hugh_jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By hugh_jazz

@Cirdain said:

@Hugh_Jazz

@Cirdain said:

@Hugh_Jazz

I don't see you.....

That is hilarious!

So you did find me after all? I had a total blackout trying to think of different painters' last names, felt kinda bad that I had to use a bomb but I was getting impatient. Anywho, since I'm assuming you're the guy on the receiving end of my atrocious attempts at drawings, I apologize.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Cirdain
    @Hugh_Jazz

@Cirdain said:

@Hugh_Jazz

@Cirdain said:

@Hugh_Jazz

I don't see you.....

That is hilarious!

So you did find me after all? I had a total blackout trying to think of different painters' last names, felt kinda bad that I had to use a bomb but I was getting impatient. Anywho, since I'm assuming you're the guy on the receiving end of my atrocious attempts at drawings, I apologize.

Well, I apologise for the size of my screen. I am one of the best pencil artists in the world for my age. But when I'm doing sketches my skills just disappear and I cant have the fidelity of control that I long for :'-(

But laughing at dumb drawings is always fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.