Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DualShock 4

Accessory »

The fourth iteration of the DualShock controller for PlayStation 4. It includes a touch pad, light bar, and Share button.

Pairing ds4 to Android via Bluetooth without root?

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

So I want to do this (read title), but I'm having trouble finding a way to do it that a) works or b) doesn't require rooting. I've done the thing where you put the ds4 into Bluetooth pairing mode (pressing share and PS button). It works for about 30 seconds, and then becomes unbearably laggy, which seems to be a common problem. So, what's the best way to do this? I have a USB otg cable, if that helps. And my device is a nexus 7 (2013) on the latest Android build.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@oursin_360: the app they recommend requires root access, which is too involved of a process on Android 5.1.1. Not sure I would want to root my phone anyway

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ry_Ry

I think you have to root unless you're willing to buy a recent Sony phone or tablet.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know, i just installed it and remote play worked fine for me didn't need to root nothing as it's an official program. Maybe i linked the wrong one?

Try this one

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.