Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Duke Nukem Forever

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jun 14, 2011

After approximately fourteen years of development, the heavily infamous sequel to Duke Nukem 3D was finally released, in which the macho Duke must damper yet another alien invasion.

So, will there be a Duke Nukem Forever Demo Quick Look?

random_guy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By random_guy23

I am consistently refreshing the homepage in the hope of that schedule being updated with this. 

Anyone else want a DNF quick look today?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @random_guy23 said:
    I am consistently refreshing the homepage in the hope of that schedule being updated with this.  Anyone else want a DNF quick look today?
    If anything they might play it during Happy hour. 
    Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Twisted_Scot
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    @random_guy23 said:
    I am consistently refreshing the homepage in the hope of that schedule being updated with this.  Anyone else want a DNF quick look today?
    Thats my bet.
    emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By emem
    @Twisted_Scot said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@random_guy23 said:

Thats my bet.
    Yep, hopefully there will be better stuff to show in a QL in 1-2 weeks. The demo took me 20 minutes to finish and I don't think it's very entertaining, to say the least.
    AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By AuthenticM

I'd rather have them do a quick look of the full game. I've played the demo yesterday night and there isn't a lot to it.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#6  Edited By citizenkane

@AuthenticM said:

I'd rather have them do a quick look of the full game. I've played the demo yesterday night and there isn't a lot to it.

I agree. I would much rather them play a QL of the full game.

random_guy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By random_guy23

@CitizenKane: Yes, the general consensus is that the demo is an old build, and suffers from many issues that the final version won't suffer from. But, they might have a final build in the office, because of that leaked IGN review (implying that they've already had the full game and had time to review it).

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By napalm
    @random_guy23 said:

@CitizenKane: Yes, the general consensus is that the demo is an old build, and suffers from many issues that the final version won't suffer from. But, they might have a final build in the office, because of that leaked IGN review (implying that they've already had the full game and had time to review it).

Do you have any proof of this? I'm not saying I don't believe you, but I'd like to read some corroborating evidence. I'm not really sure what's been playable since the game started showing.
    Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

PC version ran really well for me, and looks decent maxed out.

If anything, I'm probably more likely to buy the game now, and definitely gonna buy it on Steam if I do.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@emem said:

@Twisted_Scot said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@random_guy23 said:

I am consistently refreshing the homepage in the hope of that schedule being updated with this. Anyone else want a DNF quick look today?
    If anything they might play it during Happy hour.
    Thats my bet.
    Yep, hopefully there will be better stuff to show in a QL in 1-2 weeks. The demo took me 20 minutes to finish and I don't think it's very entertaining, to say the least.

This was my whole worry with DNF. I played the demo at a friends house and found it to be less than entertaining. I think most gamers have moved on since the last Duke game. It's too bad because, despite never being a huge Duke Nukem fan, I wanted this game to be amazing, just because it's been so long.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.