Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2010

Concept »

The 2010 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) took place at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California on June 15-17.

Cirque du Soleil is totally gonna be at Microsoft's E3 conference

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By JJWeatherman

I stumbled upon this on Xbox.com and was really surprised. Is the video game industry really that big now? I mean, this is cool I guess, but a little weird. 

No Caption Provided

"We look forward to making entertainment history again at E3 Expo 2010 and can’t think of a better partner than MTV Networks to exclusively share our news, experiences and Cirque du Soleil's amazing creativity with an entirely new audience," said Don Mattrick, senior vice president, Interactive Entertainment Business, Entertainment and Devices Division at Microsoft.

I'm still not 100% sure if it's just going to be broadcasted via MTV before the real conference, or if it's going to be part of the conference. Cool stuff though.
    DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By DukesT3

what.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Maybe they'll do some totally awesome stuff with Natal. Regardless, this doesn't sound like a good idea, but at least it's better than Duffy. No offense to her, but she was singing to the wrong audience, that's for sure.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Daveyo520

Ya I heard about this a while ago. It's going to be weird and hella stupid. Almost as stupid as using the word "hella".

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    This is freakishly old news.  You really didn't know about this before?  This is not gonna be at Microsoft's official press conference, but another event altogether.

I thought you would have seen the jokes about it somewhere.
    Detrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Detrian

They are totally going to use Natal for dumb shit ain't they.

Well, I guess they could find someone who wears bodysuits so it'll probably go alright...

kingclaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kingclaw

Awesom.... wait, what?

Ok. Thats at least interesting. Another reason to see this conference without owning a Xbox 360

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TwoOneFive

thats totally stupid.  

what they did last year was great, made an e3 conference with live television in mind and took full advantage of it. now sony will definitely be doing the same and i heard rumors that theyve got a great show coming to e3 (its fucking sony theyve got sooo many connections when it comes to entertainment that microsoft cant even come close to) and nintendo will probably do the same. so, i could be totally wrong and blowing this out of proportion, but if MS is making their conference all about entertainment because that aspect was the most well received part of their show last year. so i think maybe they are getting carried away. i think we can all agree that we could totally do without the circus act folks. its like o0o0o0o0 cooll.....i came here to see the games wtf.  
    I think Sony is going to have the best show since games-wise, sony totally owned it but sucked presentation wise in comparison to MS...but who knew ms was going to totally revolutionize the E3 conference the way they did! Now that its apparent to everyone that the shows need to be extra polished, Sony is probably going to pull some strings with its massive company and of course butler will be there so thats automatic win. lol

im realllllly curious about their shows since we kind of already know what to expect from MS. Nintendo could be a hugeeeeee surprise and end up very creative. 

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

@JJWeatherman:  

It is a separate showing that will air on MTV at 12:30pm PDT on June 15th. You can also watch it on GameTrailers at the same time. There is more info here. Should be neat!
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Vito_Raliffe said:
    " Should be neat! "
    Eh.
    Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

@FluxWaveZ: I am basing this solely off of my viewing of Knocked Up.
    UnlivedPhalanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12  Edited By UnlivedPhalanx
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " I stumbled upon this on Xbox.com and was really surprised. Is the video game industry really that big now? I mean, this is cool I guess, but a little weird. 

No Caption Provided

"We look forward to making entertainment history again at E3 Expo 2010 and can’t think of a better partner than MTV Networks to exclusively share our news, experiences and Cirque du Soleil's amazing creativity with an entirely new audience," said Don Mattrick, senior vice president, Interactive Entertainment Business, Entertainment and Devices Division at Microsoft.

I'm still not 100% sure if it's just going to be broadcasted via MTV before the real conference, or if it's going to be part of the conference. Cool stuff though. "
    Yeah, MajorNelson has been talking about this for about a month, he said it would be on TV.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @UnlivedPhalanx:  
    Yeah, I saw on the web site that the article was dated May 14th. I had never heard it was happening before though. I guess I should start paying more attention to Major Nelson?? NAH, that would be stupid.  :P
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By c1337us

Cirque du Soleil is pretty rad. I think it'll be a cool event if they go whole hog.

TheDoorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheDoorman

When is microsofts press conference anyway what day?

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By Rhaknar
    @TheDoorman said:

" When is microsofts press conference anyway what day? "

monday. And not to be a dick, but like some already said, this is really old news.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By natetodamax

Bleh. I hope they keep the conference strictly about video games, instead of showing some stuff and basically going "Okay guys now here's a totally random performance by Cirque du Soleil!"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.