Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2013

Concept »

The nineteenth annual Electronic Entertainment Expo took place at the Los Angeles Convention Center on June 11-13, 2013.

Your Dream E3 Press Conference!

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By MEATBALL

I was just thinking about what I'd like to see from Microsoft at E3 and realised parts of it were mere fantasy...which led me to think that perhaps it might make a fun forum topic.

My Dream Microsoft E3 Press Conference would include the following:

• Microsoft announce that there will be no restrictions on retail purchases, any purchased game can be played on any system, on any profile as long as the disc is in the system. Installs have two options: disc-in-drive or discless play. If you opt to install for discless play the restrictions come into action and the game can no longer be played on another profile that isn't on your system (effectively meaning you can't install the game for discless play and then hand the game off to someone else for them to play so that you're both playing through the one copy of the game at the same time). This option can be disabled if you are going to re-sell your game. Games that are installed for disc-in-drive play can be played offline at will without ever having to connect to the internet.
    • Microsoft announce that online multiplayer is no longer a part of the Gold subscription, online play is now free. Gold subscriptions now cover cloud-based services and offer monthly "free" games and movies, access to Microsoft's original television programming and various non-subscription apps. (No need for Xbox Live gold to access apps based on services you are already paying a subscription for elsewhere ie. Netflix, HBO GO, NBA Gametime etc.)
    • Halo 5 is announced, the visuals are of the quality you'd expect a next-gen game to look considering 343 Studio's achievements with Halo 4 on 360.
    • A new Fable RPG is announced.
    • Crackdown 3
    • A new Banjo-Kazooie 3D Platformer
    • Mirror's Edge 2
    • Multiple new IPs with very fresh settings and ideas

Those are some of the crazy things I'd like to see. The Xbox Live Gold thing isn't that important to me, it'd just be a welcome change. The first bullet-point is what I would absolutely love to see, because I'm not interested in buying a system with the sort of restrictions that have been thrown about over the past week. The other parts of the console look great to me (though I'm disheartened by Microsoft's continued focus on wider media, but I can understand it), and I'm sure the software line-up will be cool.

Anyway, what would be your dream E3 Press Conference from any company?

Go wild! Nintendo drop all your dream megatons (on Nintendo Direct, in this case), Sony are back with a vengeance, EA tear up their contract with Satan. Revel in dat hype!

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By AuthenticM

If some conference had the following unvealings:

-Mirror's Edge 2

-The Legend of Dragoon 2

-Chrono Break

-Final Fantasy VII remake

-the next main Final Fantasy

-Persona 5

...I would probably shit my pants.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By MEATBALL

Oh man, Persona 5 showing up somewhere would be incredible.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Tennmuerti

Here are all the games, being live demoed. Done.

No one said my dreams had to be reasonable :P

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

Live gameplay demos of great games. SKUs, pricing, subsidizing plans laid bare. Done.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.