Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2014

Concept »

The twentieth Electronic Entertainment Expo took place June 10-12, 2014 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California.

E3 2014: Year of the Level Editor?

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

This just popped in my head today, but at this year's E3, all of the big three had either shown off or revealed a game that allows the player to create their own levels. Microsoft has Project Spark, Sony has LittleBigPlanet 3, and Nintendo has Mario Maker. To me, it seemed like Mario Maker got the most buzz from the show, especially with that leaked photo at Nintendo's booth revealing that game before the show started. However, with all three of the first party companies revealing a game with a level editor in it, could we call this the year of the level editor? If not, what would you say this year's E3 was the year of?

syz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hesitant to praise the industry's use of level editors when they're still charging DLC money for map packs and such and not just putting that back into the hands of the community.

If I had to label it as something I'd call E32014 the year of 2015.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Those certainly are three things that were at this year's E3

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Level Editor Simulator 2014.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.