Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2016

Concept »

The twenty-second annual Electronic Entertainment Expo took place June 14-16, 2016 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California.

I need some non gaming websites for a spoiler free E3.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Ive had a mental block for several years where the only websites I can think of are giantbomb,twitter, gamefaqs, and kotaku. Those are the only websites I ever visit. I just cant think of any other websites.I have to work on monday so I need some websites to read in my down time at work cause I dont' want to see anything e3 related until I get home and can watch the archive of the streams.

Monday is gonna be a long day of work for me so its going to be a challenge to get through it with out seeing any news until I get home.

Also I just want some other websites to visit in general.

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

While not exactly what you're looking for, how about web comics? A backlog of those will keep you busy for hours. If I had to give a recommendation of where to start, Gunshow is pretty hilarious.

There's always non-gaming related sub-reddits. And while I can't sincerely recommend it, it'll kill time if that's really what you're after.

If you don't need to be browsing the internet, you could sit back and take in a podcast.

There's plenty out there, just depends on what's going to hold your attention to the degree you're looking for.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If you tube is an option, find a bunch of videos you haven't watched, and add them to your watch later collection. Then you can watch gaming videos, and still be sure that they won't ruin E3. Just be sure not to look at your subscribed channels feed.

Alternatively, you can always lose yourself in allmusic.com reviews and genre exploration for a while.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yi_orange: hmm. well I already listen to a ton of podcasts. normally ill be listening to podcasts, scrolling though twitter and working at the same time. Its been FOREVER since I read a webcomic, not sure how it would go on my phone though.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you tube is an option, find a bunch of videos you haven't watched, and add them to your watch later collection. Then you can watch gaming videos, and still be sure that they won't ruin E3. Just be sure not to look at your subscribed channels feed.

Alternatively, you can always lose yourself in allmusic.com reviews and genre exploration for a while.

Youtube is absolutely not an option. I'm constantly on the move, and on my phone with a tiny mobile data cap.

Maybe ill end up reading about black holes and stuff on wikipedia. That usually sucks me in.(HEHEHEHE!!!)

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

May I suggest that you might be taking E3 a touch too seriously if you're worried about spoilers for press conferences?

Anyway, I've been using the channels on SnapChat to read articles from National Geographic and The Wall Street Journal, and have been enjoying it quite a bit.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

Stumbleupon is exactly what you're looking for. Check off all of your interests besides video games and enjoy stumbling! Even if you do check video games, I doubt you'd stumble on E3 stuff but you can play it as safe as you want. I've come across some interesting stuff through that site.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

You can read any number of great books for free at the Project Gutenberg website. Alternatively, you could bring a physical book to read during downtime.

alphasquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could try but I guess I would need to know your interests. Someone mentioned webcomics so if anyone cares my two favorite webcomics are XKCD and Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashflood_29: I I'll check that out.

@spoonman671: you may. Okay it's not so much spoilers, I mostly just want a pure experience. And it's really only the Sony conference that I care about which airs exactly when I have to go to work.

@alphasquid: I used to read alot of 8 bit theater. But holy hell that was so long ago.

mrblobby64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

burymewithmymoney.com

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started messing with stumbleupon seems cool but crashes alot.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can find websites with a search engine like Yahoo or Google.

Or just find some websites on astronomy or nature. You probably want about four websites so you can move between them like I imagine you do with the gaming sites you mentioned.

volotaire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By volotaire

Use the Archive and Spoiler Free E3 Thread on NeoGAF. There is a Google sheet link in the first part of the OP which also duplicates the links in the thread and is archived faster. The thread and Sheet archives youtube links by fixing the links so they appear fullscreen like this https://www.youtube.com/v/TsKtwAmvO4U.

Bookmark/subscribe the thread or bookmark the Google Sheet.

@devil240z said:

Ive had a mental block for several years where the only websites I can think of are giantbomb,twitter, gamefaqs, and kotaku. Those are the only websites I ever visit. I just cant think of any other websites.I have to work on monday so I need some websites to read in my down time at work cause I dont' want to see anything e3 related until I get home and can watch the archive of the streams.

Monday is gonna be a long day of work for me so its going to be a challenge to get through it with out seeing any news until I get home.

Also I just want some other websites to visit in general.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@volotaire: Thats kind of the opposite of what I want. I don't want to know what a video game is on monday until I get home and can watch the GB streams.

@paulmako said:

You can find websites with a search engine like Yahoo or Google.

Or just find some websites on astronomy or nature. You probably want about four websites so you can move between them like I imagine you do with the gaming sites you mentioned.

If I knew what I was looking for I would just go to it... How can I google something that I don't know of? Anyway I do regularly check out things linked by APOD or the Planetary Societies twitter.

But yeah I'm liking what stumbleupon is offering though its really annoying that every other article seems to crash the app.

Basically the only things I wont be able to catch live are the sony stream and the GB night shows on monday/tues/wed? I forget how many there are.

I also feel I should mention that even though I visit Kotaku and Gamefaqs daily I fucking hate those sites. I wish I could think of anything better. And I don't go to Reddit/NEOgaf at all because reddit is creepy and neogaf is elitist.

volotaire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah I see what you want now. Sorry!

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By Cirdain

@devil240zId: http://www.saltybet.com/ Welcome to hell.

Play chess against a machine: lichess.org/setup/ai

EDIT: That completed Half Life 2 parody (sorta "life of brian" style) comic: http://www.screencuisine.net/hlcomic/index.php?date=2005-05-01

Read a long, highly rated, fiction book by a window. I'm reading The Stand.

Off-topic: For game & Tech stuff I look at: Giantbomb.com; rockpapershotgun.com; dvhardware.net (looks sketchy but they're just an rss feed and links to other sites); pcper.com

Euro 2016 is gonna kick off soon, you could join the giantbomb, no-stakes, why is my license fee going to making this, bbc football league: http://bbc.in/25KDX4D code is wyhq4a . The guardian analysed every player: http://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2016/jun/01/euro-2016-the-complete-guide-to-every-squad-and-every-player-in-france

I'd like wales to win but I doubt they'll get through the first rounds. Also I don't know anything about football.

Formula 1 is happening. You could tune into that, they'll be a live stream somewhere on the internet I'm sure.

Learn something:

Paper airplanes with links of how to make them: http://www.paperairplanes.co.uk/best-paper-airplane.php

Make useful knots: http://www.animatedknots.com

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.