Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Empire: Total War

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 03, 2009

The fifth installment in the Total War series from The Creative Assembly. Empire: Total War features the series' hallmark blend of real-time strategic battles, and turn-based empire building. Empire takes place during the 18th century — an age of imperial expansion, trade, rifles and cannons.

ETW: Game Time 2

RJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Edited By RJ
    No Caption Provided
    Continuing on from my last session, I raised an army of Line Infantry, a few canons, and some Dragoons and set off to recapture New York. I quickly found out how strong the British Line Inf could be, especially in hand-to-hand against my rabble army of Minutemen. I scraped by with some victories and recaptured New York but I quickly started to replace my Minutemen with proper Colonial Line Inf and carried on southward along the coastline. Britain kept their cities stacked full but I was usually able to draw them out of their fortified cities just by sieging them, so this leveled the playing field quite a bit. Meanwhile, the British kept harassing my small towns, farms, mines, and docks with small raiding forces. This grew to be very annoying but I found out that if I kept a light force in the area, they could easily intercept and defeat them via Auto-result.

I also had some trouble with Pirates blocking my trade routes with France, so I built up a small fleet to try my hand at the Naval battles (since my campaign on land was going very well). Needless to say, I definitely don't have my sea legs and the battle that ensued was a bit chaotic....and explosive. My smaller brigs were just being blown out of the water by these huge ships, especially the 5th rate SOTL the enemy Admiral was cruising around in. I have to hand it to CA though, it definitely feels like a proper Sea battle and looks amazing. I thought they would try and put some half-ass system in since this was the first time they added something like this to the TW series, but they did a good job with it.

No Caption Provided
    So I let the Pirates be on their merry way (actually its more like they bitch slapped me and told me to go home), I hoped France would do something about them. At this point in the campaign I had completely secured the entire coastline and had amassed another army group in the North to help conquer some of the troublesome indian tribes in the area. This is when tragedy struck. While mother effin George was leading some troops in the North, he died of some sort of heart attack, sickness, or both. I think he was only 54 or something, I had a brief moment of silence before re-assigning a new general and carrying on. Long story short, I completely wiped out the Iroquois, kicked Britain out, and unlocked the U.S. for Grand Campaign mode ass kickery. The RTI campaign was fun but Im definitely glad I got it out of the way, it kind of stretched on for too long at the end.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

RJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By RJ
    No Caption Provided
    Continuing on from my last session, I raised an army of Line Infantry, a few canons, and some Dragoons and set off to recapture New York. I quickly found out how strong the British Line Inf could be, especially in hand-to-hand against my rabble army of Minutemen. I scraped by with some victories and recaptured New York but I quickly started to replace my Minutemen with proper Colonial Line Inf and carried on southward along the coastline. Britain kept their cities stacked full but I was usually able to draw them out of their fortified cities just by sieging them, so this leveled the playing field quite a bit. Meanwhile, the British kept harassing my small towns, farms, mines, and docks with small raiding forces. This grew to be very annoying but I found out that if I kept a light force in the area, they could easily intercept and defeat them via Auto-result.

I also had some trouble with Pirates blocking my trade routes with France, so I built up a small fleet to try my hand at the Naval battles (since my campaign on land was going very well). Needless to say, I definitely don't have my sea legs and the battle that ensued was a bit chaotic....and explosive. My smaller brigs were just being blown out of the water by these huge ships, especially the 5th rate SOTL the enemy Admiral was cruising around in. I have to hand it to CA though, it definitely feels like a proper Sea battle and looks amazing. I thought they would try and put some half-ass system in since this was the first time they added something like this to the TW series, but they did a good job with it.

No Caption Provided
    So I let the Pirates be on their merry way (actually its more like they bitch slapped me and told me to go home), I hoped France would do something about them. At this point in the campaign I had completely secured the entire coastline and had amassed another army group in the North to help conquer some of the troublesome indian tribes in the area. This is when tragedy struck. While mother effin George was leading some troops in the North, he died of some sort of heart attack, sickness, or both. I think he was only 54 or something, I had a brief moment of silence before re-assigning a new general and carrying on. Long story short, I completely wiped out the Iroquois, kicked Britain out, and unlocked the U.S. for Grand Campaign mode ass kickery. The RTI campaign was fun but Im definitely glad I got it out of the way, it kind of stretched on for too long at the end.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By killdave

The RTI campaign was fun but Im definitely glad I got it out of the way, it kind of stretched on for too long at the end.

Im confused, thats pretty much the game. Only in the grand campaign you just get "more of that"

RJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RJ

There's more freedom to do what you want in the Grand Campaign, especially on the Diplomacy side of things (the time limit is also removed). The sieging is definitely still there, but I don't really mind since it's necessary for your empire to grow. I think the problem with the RTI campaign was towards the end when it felt like a mopping up operation since Britain had a meagre army and the Indian tribes were kinda just getting in the way of finishing my objectives.

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Babble

Nice post! Hope to see more of your adventures out of the RtI!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.