Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Empire: Total War

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 03, 2009

The fifth installment in the Total War series from The Creative Assembly. Empire: Total War features the series' hallmark blend of real-time strategic battles, and turn-based empire building. Empire takes place during the 18th century — an age of imperial expansion, trade, rifles and cannons.

Favourite units?

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By fattony12000

Getting back into this epic game after leaving it for a few months. Really enjoying combining all the different types of forces to create an army capable of taking on anything. Really liking the use of light infantry/skirmishers to get in the fast, long range, accurate fire from a hidden position (followed up by elite cavalry charging into the foe from behind a ridge or hidden in tree cover). I'm currently on a Great British play through, so all the units I mention here will be for that faction.

For that reason, I are be mostly liking the following units used in concert together.

From left to right:

1. Ferguson Riflemen - Boast a massive 125 range (compared to the standard line infantryman's 70).
    2. The Black Watch - They have a high reload rating, great melee ability, high toughness and will fight to the death, as well keep other soldier's morale up.
    3. Coldstream Guards - With a reloading skill of 65 (line infantry = 25), and one of the highest morale ratings in the game, these guys will never give up!
    4. Rogers' Rangers -  The ability to hide in long grass, coupled with great stamina, means they can harass entire armies by moving, firing, then slipping away unseen.

All of the above units can hide, either in scrub land or in trees, as well employ advanced formations and tactics (deploy stakes, fire and advance, platoon or rank fire).
    thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By thatfrood

I'm gonna assume you're talking about Empire Total War, in which case I'll say I agree with your unit selection (though it heavily favors the british). I want to give some good Russian units, but sadly all of the Russian units in the game (including the famous Cossacks) are weaker versions of their European counterparts, which is seriously disappointing.

Heartagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By Heartagram

And I thought starcraft was complicated...

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By EpicSteve
    All units
    dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By dillonwerner
    @EpicSteve said:
    " All units "
    captjim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By captjim

peasants get my vote. it's hilarious to make a huge peasant army and see how many of them die before they can force even one group of light infantry regulars to retreat.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By fattony12000
    @captjim: Several hundred poorly armed men charging into a besieged town is pretty funny. Knock a few holes in their walls and just stream in. Having the enemy general taken down by dozens of peons is great. And costs nearly nothing!
    threeve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By threeve

I'm pretty early in the Grand Campaign (like 1712) my first time playing.  I'm really enjoying it, playing as Prussia.  Can't really comment on favorite units as it's mostly  line infantry and light cavalry so far.  Just got access to Huhlans (or something....lancers) which are pretty cool - they get a lot of kills, but lose a lot of men as well.  Looking forward to a little diversification as the game progresses.  Also in playing battle mode against the AI I found light infantry to be the shit with their "deploy stakes" ability.

Also the biggest issue for me so far in the grand campaign is the British.  They're pissed at me and I can't get my trade fleet out of the baltic see without getting taken by their navy.  Making peace proves to be expensive, something I haven't been willing to shell out for yet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.