Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jul 05, 2012

The 4th entry in the Etrian Odyssey RPG series, and the first for the 3DS.

Quest Guides?

gillman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I have been playing the game for awhile, and I do actively enjoy it, but it seems that there are a handful of quests that I never really seem to get the notification that they are complete. It hasn't really stopped me from progressing in the game, just means that a handful of quests are constantly kicking around in my log. My problem is that I am pretty sure that most of the stuff I still have I completely am over-leveled for any of the rewards, unless it unlocks a series of things which would be another issue entirely.

I just didn't know if anyone knew any good guides around for quests, as most of the information on the game seems to be kind of scattered or buried in a thread somewhere.

Rastopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I know there have been a couple of quests where I had to go and talk to the person I was doing the quest for before the game said it was complete. If you haven't been talking to NPCs that might be your problem.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you not turning the quests in at the bar? They aren't complete until you do.

beard_of_zeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

I don't know of any guides at the moment, I just tend to be OCD and make sure my quest log is at a minimum most of the time :)

I know there have been a couple of quests where I had to go and talk to the person I was doing the quest for before the game said it was complete. If you haven't been talking to NPCs that might be your problem.

I had the same issue for a bit, forgetting to talk to one of the non-bakeep NPCs before I would get credit for a quest and be able to turn it in.

gillman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are some that it turns out that I just needed to be a very specific spot on the over world and then search before it would give me a result. There were also a couple that I had to go back into old dungeons that I had cleared the first time in or find some random secret passage before I could get the right item.

I did manage to find a Japanese guide that can kind of be used through google translate, but there are also parts in it that I get to and just have to come to terms with the fact that I am now on my own because it is informing me of complete gibberish. In the third land now and things are starting to get weird and completely more complex than needed. Still really liking the game.

EToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Generally, quests are unlocked when you reach the land, cave, or labyrinth floor where they can be accomplished. So, if you try to keep your available quests cleared out all the time, it shouldn't be too difficult to know the area you need to head to--enter a cave, head to the bar, get quest, go back. Be sure to read them, as you do have to talk to NPCs first sometimes.

gillman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is kind of easier said than it is in practice. The first example that springs to mind is the one about the glowing tree. I know I need to point to somewhere on my main map, and I have explored that entire area but I have no idea what he is talking about. Same could be said about "Moth eggs" because I have explored that entire dungeon and have no idea what I am miss there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.