Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jul 29, 2011

Based on the roleplaying board game, A.V.A, E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy is an FPS-RPG set in a "dark cyberpunk world."

How "fixed" is this game?

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By impartialgecko

As it's supposed to be part of one of the indie bundles during steam sale is this game is still pretty janky?

I've heard a lot of good things about E.Y.E but nothing scares me off buying any game more than the promise of some game-breaking bugs.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By fattony12000

@adam1808: It's a video game.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By impartialgecko

@Fattony12000: funny, try to get some experiences from a community and this is what you get. Is it too much to ask for people to say if a game is broken in spots?

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By the_hiro_abides

I played a few hours of it and I don't recall it being broken. I got lost or confused more often. That was about a year ago I haven't played since.

_k1_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#5  Edited By _k1_

@adam1808: There have been a couple of updates/patches recently that are supposed to fix a lot of the bugs. I didn't have any problems playing through it, personally, but it is kind of a strange game and I can see why people wouldn't like it.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By AlexW00d

Has it ever been buggy? Like, it's a french cyberpunk indie game, so it won't be perfect, but I don't think it's ever been 'buggy'.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By fox01313

Last time I played it, the only thing that still felt a little broken was the hacking skill, the rest of the game is solid. The hacking, even when following the tips off the steam forum (something on beginning tips or hacking), still felt too dice roll random at a time. Really enjoyed playing it & now that the steam sale is going on & waiting on a few things to download (or debating on getting something) think I'll dive back into EYE. Agreed with others, there was a recent update to the game a week or so ago. GLHB!

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Canteu

The tutorial is awful and it is somewhat buggy (not gamebreakingly so), but overall it's just not really very good.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Karkarov

It isn't broken, and I don't recall it even being that buggy. It is completely insane though and has a storyline on par with something written by a drunk gorilla that flings poo at people.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By fattony12000

@adam1808: I know, right? This community!

It's still riddled with minor bugs/unfinished odds and ends/jank/rough edges, nothing game-breaking as far as I can recall. You will not understand anything if you play the tutorial though, so it's best to just dive right in and press buttons. Imagine you are learning to play DCS: A-10C Warthog or something.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#11  Edited By Svenzon

I reinstalled it the other day and everything seemed to be in working order. Just don't expect anything remotely resembling polish. It's janky and rough, but very fun, interesting and ambitious.

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Funzzo

Working great for me. Weird game but fun.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#13  Edited By fox01313

Well after going back into it, the video tutorial idea & hacking are still a bad design. It seems they might have adjusted it in the combat & missions compared to the launch version, or it could just be different due to me accepting one random mission from the guy in the mission area & gaining about 5 levels shooting at werewolves at the entrance area before giving up. Now it seems that instead of going to one person near one of the helipads around the start (similar to the quicklook) to get those two missions, it's going into new eden doorway for a random mission & seeing way too much combat where the ai is just swarming you while running out of ammo. Will play a bit more of it as the world & music (free Blade Runner inspired soundtrack on the game studio site btw)as I'm curious to see how the game changes once you get into some of the magic/class sections more.

edit-yes apparently the long gap of not playing this made me forget that the hacking isn't loading up actions but waiting on the action to finish (and just avoiding mask then going down the list up to attack & repeat unless you get yourself hacked). Small tips for those getting into this game: put the pickup/interact item from enter to mouse3 button, having this on enter key is madness when all things are going on & needing to pick up ammo; also put the alchemy on the 1 key if going on wasd, you can cycle weapons with rolling the scroll wheel & as you need the alchemy ability quick to change something (pref. guns) to health. GLHB!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.