Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fable II

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

An action-oriented role-playing game set 500 years after the original Fable, this sequel starts players out in the role of a street urchin destined for greatness.

Finally Finished Fable **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

NicBarker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

Edited By NicBarker
    I have being playing a lot of Fable 2 lately, and finished it last night. It's a great game, full of action, adventure, tension and emotion. It is, without a doubt, the most poignant game I have played on my 360, and it came as somewhat of a surprise. When I first popped the new disc into my machine, I was thinking I would be the ULTIMATE BAD-ASS, slaying monsters and innocents alike. I played the entire game through in that fashion. The guide, Theresa, was always there as the influence of good to the evil I was committing. Which leads to me to my first observation.

I was surprised when my dog, who I named Murphy and was fond of, sacrificed himself for me at the hands of Lord Lucien. It hurt a little bit. Each time I dig up treasure or open a chest now, I always miss having the dog beside me. After killing Lucien, I chose the option of wealth (being an achievement junkie, I cheated and got all three ending achievements by quitting out and redoing the short passage of gameplay). This meant I would not have my dog, but would have ONE MILLION gold to spend on whatever I wanted. This was all well and good until I realised that there was a money cheat and I could have saved my dog AND been rich. Too bad I guess. I'll have to play again and choose a different path, so I can see the dog again.

What really freaked me out though was the fate of Theresa. When Lucien was defeated, Theresa said I could rule all of Albion; BUT THE DARK SPIRE WAS HERS. She had previously shed light on the catastrophic damage that the Spire could cause, the evil it contained. What a sinister end for the "good" character in the game to disappear into her own sinister motives. I also realised later on that she may be up to something in the franchise's next installment, as I could NOT swim out to the Spire at all. THE GAME WOULD NOT LET ME.

All in all, I really enjoyed Fable 2. Having not played the last installment I didn't really know what to expect, but now I'm hooked completely. I have over 700G on it and I hope to get as close to 1000G (cant get the "Completionist" achievement due to lack of dog *sniff*) as I can.

Highly recommended, my full review coming soon.

Catch.
    NicBarker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#1  Edited By NicBarker
    I have being playing a lot of Fable 2 lately, and finished it last night. It's a great game, full of action, adventure, tension and emotion. It is, without a doubt, the most poignant game I have played on my 360, and it came as somewhat of a surprise. When I first popped the new disc into my machine, I was thinking I would be the ULTIMATE BAD-ASS, slaying monsters and innocents alike. I played the entire game through in that fashion. The guide, Theresa, was always there as the influence of good to the evil I was committing. Which leads to me to my first observation.

I was surprised when my dog, who I named Murphy and was fond of, sacrificed himself for me at the hands of Lord Lucien. It hurt a little bit. Each time I dig up treasure or open a chest now, I always miss having the dog beside me. After killing Lucien, I chose the option of wealth (being an achievement junkie, I cheated and got all three ending achievements by quitting out and redoing the short passage of gameplay). This meant I would not have my dog, but would have ONE MILLION gold to spend on whatever I wanted. This was all well and good until I realised that there was a money cheat and I could have saved my dog AND been rich. Too bad I guess. I'll have to play again and choose a different path, so I can see the dog again.

What really freaked me out though was the fate of Theresa. When Lucien was defeated, Theresa said I could rule all of Albion; BUT THE DARK SPIRE WAS HERS. She had previously shed light on the catastrophic damage that the Spire could cause, the evil it contained. What a sinister end for the "good" character in the game to disappear into her own sinister motives. I also realised later on that she may be up to something in the franchise's next installment, as I could NOT swim out to the Spire at all. THE GAME WOULD NOT LET ME.

All in all, I really enjoyed Fable 2. Having not played the last installment I didn't really know what to expect, but now I'm hooked completely. I have over 700G on it and I hope to get as close to 1000G (cant get the "Completionist" achievement due to lack of dog *sniff*) as I can.

Highly recommended, my full review coming soon.

Catch.
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Claude

I played the good guy and sacrificed my wife, family and dog, so the families that lost their loved ones could be reunited. I had some money and a big house that I bought, but I just couldn't play anymore. It was a really cool game, the ending was more moving than action, which was fine by me.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By toowalrus

I did the right thing my first time through. My second time I took the cash.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4  Edited By carlthenimrod

You can get your dog back with the DLC just so you know.

teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By teptom

I played good. I took the choice of saving all the people loss. I thought the game would give back my dog, since it's a major gameplay mechanic.. I saved the world, and all I got was a stupid statue. So, I sorta of went to Bowerstone and went on a killing spree. 

AspiringAndy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By AspiringAndy
    Shini4444 said:
    "I played good. I took the choice of saving all the people loss. I thought the game would give back my dog, since it's a major gameplay mechanic.. I saved the world, and all I got was a stupid statue. So, I sorta of went to Bowerstone and went on a killing spree. "
    hahaha.
    That's exactly what I did, I went into the pub and started dancing and got like, 20 people around me. Then I charged up my level 5 lightning spell..

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.