Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fable III

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 26, 2010

The third game in the Fable series sets you with the task of overthrowing your own brother, the tyrant ruler of Albion, as the kingdom enters the industrial era.

Changes to Fable III

stoppre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Edited By stoppre

Lionhead Studios has been known for it’s charismatic  leader Peter Molunex and it’s above average RPG games. Those games however have suffered from over promises from said charismatic leader and some poor co-op decisions. I’m not saying the games are bad, I actually really loved Fable II. They just suffer from some poor development choices.

Sequels are always painted as the bigger, better, and more bad ass(er) versions of their previous selves. Which is why you would expect Fable III to really shine in almost every area. The game was said from the early stages to have Kinect support. Recently Peter informed us that Kinect support would not be on the game when it shipped. This is what has me worried.

If they are cutting out Kinect support from the game, what exactly are they replacing those sections with? Do they pull them altogether? Were they even a substantial part of the gameplay? They were pulled because Lionhead felt the end user experience would not be polished enough at launch. Does that mean we get a shoe horned version in some DLC pack for 800 MS Points a couple months down the road? If so, that’s not going to fly real well with most people.

This not only worries me about Fable III but also quite a bit on the Kinect side as well. From what we the public know, Lionhead has had the Kinect hardware since the very beginning. They used the tech to make Milo, which is basically just a tech demo of sorts. So if they can’t get a polished product, how are these launch games going to play? It should be very interesting to see.

I’ll write more on Fable III in the coming weeks.

stoppre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By stoppre

Lionhead Studios has been known for it’s charismatic  leader Peter Molunex and it’s above average RPG games. Those games however have suffered from over promises from said charismatic leader and some poor co-op decisions. I’m not saying the games are bad, I actually really loved Fable II. They just suffer from some poor development choices.

Sequels are always painted as the bigger, better, and more bad ass(er) versions of their previous selves. Which is why you would expect Fable III to really shine in almost every area. The game was said from the early stages to have Kinect support. Recently Peter informed us that Kinect support would not be on the game when it shipped. This is what has me worried.

If they are cutting out Kinect support from the game, what exactly are they replacing those sections with? Do they pull them altogether? Were they even a substantial part of the gameplay? They were pulled because Lionhead felt the end user experience would not be polished enough at launch. Does that mean we get a shoe horned version in some DLC pack for 800 MS Points a couple months down the road? If so, that’s not going to fly real well with most people.

This not only worries me about Fable III but also quite a bit on the Kinect side as well. From what we the public know, Lionhead has had the Kinect hardware since the very beginning. They used the tech to make Milo, which is basically just a tech demo of sorts. So if they can’t get a polished product, how are these launch games going to play? It should be very interesting to see.

I’ll write more on Fable III in the coming weeks.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Claude

I thought Fable II was pretty damn cool. Throw in some improvements and I'm there for III.

Jrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Jrad

I don't have nearly enough space for Kinect, so knowing that not having it won't affect my Fable III experience much is actually good news.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

Fix the god awful menus and load times and I will be happy.  Honestly other then co-op being lame, Fable 2 was pretty much the game Peter Molyneaux's balls said it would be. 

Avatar image for deactivated-633355e1dd700
    deactivated-633355e1dd700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Kinect support would've delayed release i bet. Likely get it in an update or in true Microsoft fashion as paid dlc. I'll be waiting for the pc version, screw Kinect.

mau64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By mau64

Kinect support would be cool in co-op if the character on screen would mimic some of they actions you would do. Like if you want to show off some new taunts you got to your friends you could by doing a specific motion. 

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

I will rent fable 3 before I purchase it, cause something tells me its not gonna make me happy. I liked fable 2 up till the multiple endings each one being very very crap specially the finding your sister ending.

yevinorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#8  Edited By yevinorion
    @hematurge said:
    " Kinect support would've delayed release i bet. "

I'm more inclined to be of this opinion. The first issue is that Kinect officially launches after Fable III, so how exactly do you have a product that uses technology that's not yet available on the market? Secondly, any Kinect features in Fable III will be marginal at best, since you can't afford to alienate the majority of gamers that will purchase this without any intent of using Kinect. All in all, I wouldn't say the quality of Fable III as a product is diminished by it not having Kinect support at launch.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.