Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

Crazy guy near Ranger Compound

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By Jedted

If you wander around outside you occasionally hear the ramblings of some crazy standing on a rooftop and if you get to close to him he detonates a series of bombs.  Apparently there's also some dude hidding in the alley who wants you shut him up.  It looks like there's two options, either stealthfully kill the bastard or charm the other guy into walking into the mine feild and killing himself. 

I've tried disarming all the mines and bombs(all the ones i can see anyway) but he still blows up the entire alley when he's alerted.  Is there a some way to resolve this situation without anybody dieing?  I can't find anyway up to the roof where the guy is standing either. 
    bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By bubahula

there is not any way to get up to him, you have to kill him

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Brunchies

Yeah, I saw this guy 8 months ago and the only thing to do is kill him.

hakunin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By hakunin

Yup, if you don't want to sacrifice the poor bastard who's caught in the alley (and thus, missing out on collecting 5 mininukes and 5 mines), you'll have to kill the Preacher.

There isn't way to get up to him so you'll have to snipe him from the ground to kill him. He can be a little hard to spot though, but it's possible.

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By Jedted

I managed to kill the crazy guy with out him detonating the nukes but the other guy still just cowers in the alley.  You'd think he'd be greatful that you shut that raving lunatic up. 

I hate little unmarked quests like these that don't really end.  I always think i'm missing something or feel that it was part of a larger quest that was cut from the game. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.