Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

Deathclaw Glitch?

FotherMucker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FotherMucker

Well, I won't say where I am in the story since I don't want to spoil anything but after a certin part of the story I was running across the Wasteland and suddenly I came across something I've never seen before, a Deathclaw. The thing was, it had bairly any heatlh. I shot it once with my minigun and it just dropped. 

Than, I came across the "Deathclaw Santuary" thinking "oh shit, this is going to be hard". All of a sudden, i put my crosshair on the first of the 3... it fucking flys straight up into the air... and it just never came down. Targerted on the 2nd one, it flies away to. Same for the third. I'm just looking into the sky. My jaw dropped. So I'm jsut wondering are Deathclaws randomly suppose to fly up into the sky and never come back or am I just horribly lucky?
    CoinMatze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By CoinMatze

Yeah, that's the infamous Deathclaw Launch. No, I just made that name up.
    But I noticed it, too. I came across some Enclave camp and suddenly a Deathclaw flies right off the screen. I think it happened about 5 times during my first playthrough. Oh and btw, they come back down. At least that one did while I was looting that camp. It came down right behind me and ripped my head clean off.
    I guess it has something to do with them spawning in an occupied spot, because there was a metal pot lying around where it launched. But that doesn't explain why it only happens to Deathclaws. Yeah, I don't know.

Destroyeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Destroyeron

Never seen that, and I've killed about 20 deathclaws today alone lol.

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By raven_squad

Well, sounds to me like your one lucky SOB. Im usually forced to deplete copious amounts of ammunition and weapon strength trying to kill those bastards. For once, theres a glitch I would like to encounter. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.