Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

Does GOTY still have the ability to addchievement ## ?

Chrushev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Chrushev

yes or no?

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By rjayb89

I'm sure you could if you're talking about the PC version.  I mean it's just the game plus DLC, why would they want to take that out?

Chrushev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Chrushev
    @rjayb89: yeah im talking about the PC version. can anyone confirm this?

Also does it have to be a Steam or Retail version? or either would work?
    Avatar image for holycrapitsadam
    holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By holycrapitsadam

it probably does but why don't you just play the game and earn them. It kind of defeats the purpose of calling them achievements if you don't do anything to achieve them in the first place.

Chrushev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Chrushev
    @HolyCrapItsAdam said:
    " it probably does but why don't you just play the game and earn them. It kind of defeats the purpose of calling them achievements if you don't do anything to achieve them in the first place. "
    Because I already have all of them on Xbox360 earned by putting in (i think im at around) 200 hours into the game.
    GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By GunstarRed

they have patched it, the achievements up to a point unlock but do not add to your overall score.
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By PureRok

Just do what I did and use the console to give you things to help you get the achievements (I didn't know about the addachievement command). You can reveal the map and clear it 100 times in town and you will get the visited 100 places achievement.

Chrushev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Chrushev
    @marioncobretti said:
    " they have patched it, the achievements up to a point unlock but do not add to your overall score. "

Can anyone confirm that this was patched?

Also if it has.. and it unlocks the achievements but doesnt add to your overall score.. does that mean that if you use that method and it doesnt add to the overall score you are screwed forever? Since you cant re-unlock achievements more than 1 time... 

so even if you play it legit after you do the addchievement method... then it wont give you the score?
    Avatar image for holycrapitsadam
    holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By holycrapitsadam
    @Chrushev said:
    " @HolyCrapItsAdam said:
    " it probably does but why don't you just play the game and earn them. It kind of defeats the purpose of calling them achievements if you don't do anything to achieve them in the first place. "
    Because I already have all of them on Xbox360 earned by putting in (i think im at around) 200 hours into the game. "
    then why buy it again? just curious?
    Chrushev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Chrushev
    @HolyCrapItsAdam said:
    " @Chrushev said:
    " @HolyCrapItsAdam said:
    Because I already have all of them on Xbox360 earned by putting in (i think im at around) 200 hours into the game. "
    then why buy it again? just curious? "
    Because I want to support the developer and might as well get achievements out of it while im at it. Im a whore when it comes to achievements =)

on another, but related note... id also prefer to get the achievements out of the way and play the game not worrying about them... because with being an ahievement whore comes the whole thing where you play the game a certain way to make sure you get achievements.
    GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GunstarRed
    @Chrushev said:
    "@marioncobretti said:
    " they have patched it, the achievements up to a point unlock but do not add to your overall score. "

seriously? 

The game was patched EVERY SINGLE TIME DLC WAS RELEASED.... I only have 1200 AP in the game... I cheated them, yes I did... 
    look at my achievement score... why would I lie? why would I not get all the achievements if it was possible for me to do so? 

Chrushev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Chrushev
    @marioncobretti said:
    " @Chrushev said:
    "@marioncobretti said:

seriously?  The game was patched EVERY SINGLE TIME DLC WAS RELEASED.... I only have 1200 AP in the game... I cheated them, yes I did... look at my achievement score... why would I lie? why would I not get all the achievements if it was possible for me to do so?   "
    I am not calling you a liar, its just i would think if this was patched Google would turn something up... and you are the only one saying that its been patched...

So can you clarify... are you saying up to 1200 it works, but post 1200 it doesnt work? so you can still get 1200 with addchievement ## console command?
    GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GunstarRed
    @Chrushev:
    my friend only got 1000 off of my copy  before any of the dlc was released, she can get no more than that since the third or so patch. 
    achievements unlock fine if you play the game legitimately though.
    Chrushev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Chrushev
    @marioncobretti said:
    " @Chrushev: my friend only got 1000 off of my copy  before any of the dlc was released, she can get no more than that since the third or so patch. achievements unlock fine if you play the game legitimately though. "
    Ok, that still partially answers my question... can you get up to 1000 now? or you cant even get 1 achievement now?
    sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#15  Edited By sjschmidt93
    @Chrushev said:
    " @rjayb89: yeah im talking about the PC version. can anyone confirm this?  Also does it have to be a Steam or Retail version? or either would work? "
    The version would not make a differenece...
    GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GunstarRed

you cannot get any from addachievement 1 etc.
    Chrushev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Chrushev

Ok so what about if someone tries the code, it unlocks the achievement.. but doesnt add to your gamer score.. can you replay the game and earn those achievements legit? or are you screwed?

MjHealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 15

#18  Edited By MjHealy
    @Chrushev: 

You're screwed. Achievements only unlock once. I guess it is kind of a punishment for cheating.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.