Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout: New Vegas

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

The post-apocalyptic Fallout universe expands into Nevada in this new title in the franchise. As a courier once left for dead by a mysterious man in a striped suit, the player must now set out to find their assailant and uncover the secrets of the enigmatic ruler of New Vegas.

Finished the game in 10 hours (spoilers)

wwfundertaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 25

#1  Edited By wwfundertaker

Just to clarify i only wanted to complete the story as i dont have time to do side quests and properly explore. In my opinion i would class Fallout a two part game, 1st part is the actual story and the 2nd being faction related story. I was surprised when i found out who killed me relatively early in the game and was curious to know what the rest of the game was all about. For some unknown reason i ended up working for the legions, but didnt realise i could have chosen a different faction to work (had to check a FAQ). This was the major disappointment as most of the quests can be failed and i would need to basically start over.  

The ending was not great, didnt really mean anything to me but compared to Fallout 3 i would say it was slightly better. Overall it was ok nothing special,  

PC bug report: Game crashed a few times but no serious bug related injuries. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

That's longer than it took me to finish Fallout 3 when I played through it, so I guess that's a good thing.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Tennmuerti

I've just been doing sidequests mostly with a bit of story the whole weekend, so far I'm maybe at around 40 hours and I have not even entered New Vegas yet.

wwfundertaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By wwfundertaker

Fallout 3 took 37 hours to complete including all of the DLC, im hoping the new DLC will be of the same quality as F3. Im just really surprised i finished it in two sittings. 

gettodachoppa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By gettodachoppa

The side quests have always filled up the bulk of these games.  The main story for Fallout 3 could be blasted through fairly quickly as well if you knew where you were going and what to expect along the way.  I can see why the ending would be meaningless if you haven't fully explored the game, most of it focuses on the resolution of a bunch of the side quests.

Entus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Entus

It took me around 16 hours to finish my first playthrough. 

I did all the sidequest I thought were relevant to me character. I'm probably going to go back and finish the rest of the sidequests with a new character.

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By foggel

I'm just taking my sweet old time with this title. 25 hours in, and still not finished. Still got places to see, and things to do.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Bones8677

One of my favorite things about these Fallout games is just exploring, going through every house and taking everything that wasn't bolted to the ground. So I'm about 10 hours into it, and I've just barely entered Novac!

DukeTogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By DukeTogo
    @wwfundertaker said:
    " Just to clarify i only wanted to complete the story as i dont have time to do side quests and properly explore.  "
    Your lame thread title is made worthless by the first sentence of your post.
    bwmcmaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By bwmcmaste
    @foggel said:
    " I'm just taking my sweet old time with this title. 25 hours in, and still not finished. Still got places to see, and things to do. "
    I find this to be a healthy approach. My first run through of New Vegas was less ambivalent than with FO3, and I was much more nefarious in this playthrough. However, I plan on playing though New Vegas a second time (as I did with FO3) in a more exhaustive fashion. 

As another fellow said above, the real "meat" of the Fallout games (at least with Fallout 3 and New Vegas, respectively) is in the side quests. You just don't do the game justice by playing through the core quest and putting the game back on the shelf.
    haffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By haffy

I'd prefer the main story to be quite short. Anything over 10 hours to complete it would just be to hard to keep up with.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

I beat the game in 48 hours. 

I played it a lot.

wwfundertaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By wwfundertaker
    @DukeTogo said:
    " @wwfundertaker said:
    " Just to clarify i only wanted to complete the story as i dont have time to do side quests and properly explore.  "
    Your lame thread title is made worthless by the first sentence of your post. "
    Yeah i totally agree.
    ShinjiEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15  Edited By ShinjiEx

"Finished the game"

You never do actually finish the game...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.