Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout: New Vegas

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

The post-apocalyptic Fallout universe expands into Nevada in this new title in the franchise. As a courier once left for dead by a mysterious man in a striped suit, the player must now set out to find their assailant and uncover the secrets of the enigmatic ruler of New Vegas.

Lack of quality control, good job obsidian

• 52 results
    gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By gike987
    @owl_of_minerva said:
    " @Diamond:@valrog:         Such as? I specified major, ie. relatively big-budget releases played by a significant number of people. In terms of CRPGs, I'm aware of no other companies that fit this category, as I was excluding indies and niche European developers. I could've mentioned companies like Piranha Bytes or CDProjekt but they don't seem to fit the bill.My point was that Obsidian gets given a year to develop fast sequels because it makes economic sense for the publishers. A year isn't that much time really, especially when given a piece of shit engine like Gamebryo.  Meh, an undeserved bump for another shitty whine thread. "
    The Witcher sold over 1 million copies. So I don't see how they don't fit the bill.
    Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
    @project343 said:
    " Well, look at Obsidian's track record. Alpha Protocol, KOTOR2... I mean, those were some buggy ass games. I haven't played Neverwinter Nights 2--was it as bad? "
    Not at all.  I've played it & finished it years ago. I also completed Alpha Protocol.
    It wasn't exactly a broken game.  Kind of reminded me of Mass Effect 1,
    just a game cobbled together with parts & not fully thought out to 
    perfection.  I think Obsidian just dropped Alpha Protocol to do all of 
    their Fallout New Vegas stuff & that's why AP suffered.

I can't speak for KOTOR 2. I have KOTOR 1 & having never played it,
    it looks entirely hideous & unplayable & built by Bioware.

It's all a matter of Time vs Money.  If you have the cash & the time, a
    great game can be built.  Run out of money, time suffers, producing
    an inferior game.  I still hope they'll come out with an Alpha Protocol 2
    or bring that Aliens RPG back out from the trash can.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.