Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout Shelter

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jun 14, 2015

A vault management simulator from Bethesda, set in the Fallout universe.

Game exits to main ipad screen

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Has anyone else had a problem with this game closing and sending you back to the dashboard?

ep_driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Yes. I've had several crashes, but my ipad is 2+ years old. However, it is fully updated. I'm sure patches will be out soon.

Wraithtek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 23

#3  Edited By Wraithtek

Game hasn't crashed yet. Third-gen iPad 32GB 4G.

Only thing I've noticed is minor stuttering/slowdown during animations. But it hasn't crashed/frozen the game.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

This has happened to me like 6 times now. The animations start hitching a lot, and it's usually when I try to rush a room that it fully crashes. Doesn't happen every time I rush, but rushing seems to trigger it when it does. It's like it can't handle everything that's happening in that one moment.

I'm running this on a previous gen iPad mini. Haven't had trouble with any other games on this thing. I hope they patch it up.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I haven't had a single problem other than an instance where I couldn't move a vault dweller out of a room. Everything else has been great though. I'm on an Ipad mini 3.

FranticRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By FranticRain

Note the description on the app store:

Requires iOS7 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5 or later, iPad Mini 2 or later, iPad 3 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus and iPad Air 2.

I've gotten to the point where the game just crashes on load with my iPad Mini (1st Gen). If you do not have a supported device, it will probably end up doing the same to you. And since there are no cloud saves, that save is stuck on that device.

GamerChiCcK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By GamerChiCcK

I played it for a while and it was a bit hitchy when a lot of stuff happens at once, then when I stopped and restarted the next day It just keeps crashing on start up. I'm playing on iPhone 4 which is pretty damn old I know :/

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trying to play on an iPhone 4S. The game crashes after I make a vault and get through the opening slideshow.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@shadowconqueror: I was also on a 4S (which I recognize is just below what they recommend).

Honestly, give up now. I got farther in than you, and checked in on the game for a couple hours. It's constantly framey, and will crash about every 1-5 minutes depending on how busy things get. It sounds like the game is more or less only designed to run well on like an iPhone 6.

JJBSterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not having any technical issues (although I'm not actually sure what version of iPad I have) but my main problem is that if you lock the screen or switch apps it takes an eternity to load back up again. For a game that makes you wait a decent amount of time between things happening it kind of sucks that it doesn't handle switching between other apps or locking the screen better.

Wraithtek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sometimes switching to another app and back, there was just a couple seconds wait, and I was back to the game as I left it. Other times, it started back at the main menu and required loading the game/vault again.

Didn't have a problem locking/unlocking, if the game was up when locked.

Wraithtek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Wraithtek

I did finally have the game crash. I had unlocked the iPad, back to the game, and clicked on a bunch of resources to collect them, and it crashed. But this is the only actual crash I've had so far.

In general, game is a bit sluggish. I'm now past 50 vault dwellers. When game is "idle", just watching dwellers at work in the vault, it's fine, but when doing a bunch of animations like info screens/opening lunchboxes/cards, scrolling through wasteland log or help screens, things are sluggish. Still playable, but I hope it doesn't get much worse as my vault gets bigger.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.