Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 2

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

The sequel to the original Far Cry dispenses with Jack Carver, and moves the action to a war-consumed Africa complete with an open-ended storyline involving civil war, several hours of missions, heated gunplay, and a slew of dynamic elements powered by a new engine.

Far Cry 2 DLC Incoming, Already

• 67 results
    Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By Death_Burnout

Exactly BiggerBomb! i want to see the unjam animations AND the idle animations! haha

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Jayge_

I don't get it. It's a map pack, standard price of 10 dollars with a bonus of some extra weapons. CoD4's pack, the Gears packs, the Halo packs all came with more or less the same (mostly less) content for the same price. So much bandwagon Far Cry bitching XD

Manatassi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By Manatassi

I'm lost as to what the bitching is about thats a perfectly decent amount of content for 800 points if you compare other similar games. If you dont want to buy it then fine but making stupid comments about the guns jamming is just ignorant, clearly you would purchase the guns from the bloody arms dealer if you wanted them not to Jam. If you cant get a simple game concept like that into your head then go play something a bit simpler. 

Farcry 2 is by no means perfect but I would certainly put it up there with the best shooters this year, at the least its trying to do something different and I for one appreciate that fact. I think that its pathetic that you people sit here on the forums spouting negative derogatory crap simply for the sake of pulling things down.  Is your self confidence so low that you have to attack something beyond all reason to make yourself feel better? thats sad.

I think that 800 points is pretty normal I would pay that, obviously I would like it cheaper but thats just not realistic. Any more than that and I would be disinclined to do so. 

Thanks to the people who actually put all the work in so that I can buy a game I really enjoy and Im looking forward to seeing your next project. 
    RandomBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By RandomBullet

Totally agree with you Manatassi

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By ahriman22

That's all in terms of weapons? For 10$? Don't think so and....

Who the fuck thought about a silenced shotgun?

Charleslegrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Charleslegrand

Can't even get myself to finish the singleplayer on the PC....too much damn repetition!

Zaerus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Zaerus

Well Jayge, not to sound negative but i generally dislike multiplayer (in any game)
    I just think it's a little far fetched to ask money for minor things like that. Things that once upon a time were just free content as added plus for buying the game.
    I'm still frustrated with the console community just taking for granted that they have to pay for little addons. Guess i'm gettin old & cheap or just don't get the whole console vibe. I do feel like DLC have become dissected expansion packs for the sole purpose to leech more money out of the franchise.
    Expansion packs, which you don't really see that much anymore accept in the MMO world arnt really that common anymore either. Far more stand alone followups at full retail price.

maybe i'm just one of those paranoid guys who think that every business is out to get mah wallet today, but i can't deny that in the right frame of mind this all feels very VERY dirty played over time, and i don't like where we're at now. Definatly not in the light of DRM and installation limits.. but i won't get into that.

Anyway, Farcry 2's singleplayer  is still something that i love and play to death. And imma fire it up rite now lol.

(oh, and yes people, silenced shotguns exist... look em' up)

lamegame621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By lamegame621

multiplayer=not good. Single player=repetitive + too much damn ground to cross.

splintax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By splintax

What a crock of sh*t.  Why can't we get some new guns in Vegas 2 or GRAW 2?  

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Jayge_
    Zaerus said:
    "Well Jayge, not to sound negative but i generally dislike multiplayer (in any game)
    I just think it's a little far fetched to ask money for minor things like that. Things that once upon a time were just free content as added plus for buying the game.
    I'm still frustrated with the console community just taking for granted that they have to pay for little addons. Guess i'm gettin old & cheap or just don't get the whole console vibe. I do feel like DLC have become dissected expansion packs for the sole purpose to leech more money out of the franchise.
    Expansion packs, which you don't really see that much anymore accept in the MMO world arnt really that common anymore either. Far more stand alone followups at full retail price.

maybe i'm just one of those paranoid guys who think that every business is out to get mah wallet today, but i can't deny that in the right frame of mind this all feels very VERY dirty played over time, and i don't like where we're at now. Definatly not in the light of DRM and installation limits.. but i won't get into that.

Anyway, Farcry 2's singleplayer  is still something that i love and play to death. And imma fire it up rite now lol.

(oh, and yes people, silenced shotguns exist... look em' up)"
    See that's something I understand; it just seems like in general people in this thread/article are bitching solely about paying 10 dollars for maps/weapons when I know personally that some of them have payed the same or more for less content before. This is a relatively good deal compared to most of that micro-DLC crap.
    Aas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Aas

I'd like this for my PC, pretty please...

MrAlonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By MrAlonzo

I heard they were going to put Lions in the game. I'd pay $10 for that.

MrAlonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By MrAlonzo

I'm still waiting for them to put Lions in this game.

marcusfriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#64  Edited By marcusfriendly

This game looked ok but nothing I would ever by, plus 10 bucks for a bunch of guns? And what the hell is up with the silenced shotgun?

RobDaFunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#65  Edited By RobDaFunk
    marcusfriendly said:
    "This game looked ok but nothing I would ever by, plus 10 bucks for a bunch of guns? And what the hell is up with the silenced shotgun?"
    as has been stated before in this thread......the Villian in the Oscar-Winning No Country For Old Men used a Silenced Shotgun to take down almost everyone in the movie.

I guess the producers have seen the movie a few times.... ;)
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Media_Master

NOT ENOUGH CONTENT FOR PURCHASE, SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE GAME!

wardcleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By wardcleaver

Actually, the first game I played that featured a silenced shotty (well, technically the ability to upgrade a regular shotgun with a silencer) was Hitman: Blood Money.  In that game, I used it to get my "Kill Exactly 47 People" achievement.   Lots of fun.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Jayge_
    marcusfriendly said:
    "This game looked ok but nothing I would ever by, plus 10 bucks for a bunch of guns? And what the hell is up with the silenced shotgun?"
    Holy shit.

People payed more for way less, in terms of Call of Duty content, or Halo 3 content, or Gears of War content. When will people get off of Far Cr y 2's nuts and stop bitching.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.