Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 29, 2012

The third installment in the series sees a reluctant victim battling nature, pirates, and the island's insanity-inducing jungle to rescue his friends and family from an island paradise gone horribly wrong.

I was hoping owners of Far Cry 3 could answer a few questions...

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Sackmanjones

I just realized my title sounds like an interrogation.
    I just realized my title sounds like an interrogation.
     So I feel like I'm one of those rare people who actually enjoyed Far Cry 2. It most definitely had its issues, but I thought it was quite ambitious and for the most part did everything it could correctly. Anyway, there were a few specific things that weren't necessary but I really liked for immersions sake (I was one of those people who liked the jammed gun mechanic) and I was hoping you could fill me in if these are present in Far Cry 3.

1. The awesomely/horribly brutal healing animations? (pulling bullets out of your leg etc.) 
    2.  Fire tech. I know it's in there but is it improved here or somewhat reduced or unchanged
    3.  Blowing up ammo crates causing ammo to shoot off? I really loved this touch in Far Cry 2 and hope it made it over
    4.  Fixing you car if it stopped. If so, is it still a magic wrench or is it a different magical tool? 
     Thanks guys, Im suffering from pre-load depression (you know, when you have a game totally installed but can't play it). Also if you just wanna leave your impressions about the game too that would be awesome. Thank you again duders!
    ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I don't have the game but can tell you the healing animations are there, fire tech seems to be the same from what I've seen, and you don't have to fix cars (lol thinking about that dumb magic wrench). Haven't seen anything about the ammo.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
    ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@Sackmanjones:

1. There are the brutal healing animations if you're out of syringes.

2. Fire isn't as common in 3, but the tech is still there and it looks pretty cool. ( 2 is still better for it)

3. I've never even blown up a barrel. Being very stealthy. Sorry I cant answer that one.

4. I've never driven a car long enough to destroy it, but I unlocked an item call a Repair Tool which I think takes up a weapon slot. That's probably what you use to repair vehicles.

JunkHype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By JunkHype

There is indeed a repair tool for vehicles.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By murisan

#3: Either it's fireworks, or ammo crates DO blow up and shoot everywhere. Now that you mention it, I think it's ammo.

#4: The repair tool is an item you must equip. I have not damaged a vehicle to the point that it needed repairs. There are miniquests you can do (not really even quests, actually) that entail seeing some natives on the side of the road with a busted Jeep. If you fix it, they give you some cash.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Tennmuerti
    1. yes, but only if you are out of the healing syrynge items, tha manual heal can then be done, it takes a bit longer and has the brutal animation
    2. dunno, haven't played 2, but fire looks great, and it does spread, on grass buildings trees dudes, obviously still to a limit, you can have half an enemy camp on fire without trying too much and some area around it
    3. no blowing up ammo crates, they refill some of your ammo if they are present, you can however shoot molotov coctails on some enemies to set them on fire, and there are many red and yellow barrels around for explosions when you want that
    4. there is a tool, you can fix cars, not a wrench, more of a blowtorch i think, saw it in the shop but i personally never used it (you can fast travel most of the time and there are plenty of working cars around)
    MikeJFlick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By MikeJFlick
    1. They are okay, but when you see the guy wrap his wrist and fix his thumb for the 20th time, they loose their appeal.
    2. It's been reduced, but it's sort of understandable, it's no longer the dry land of africa, lots of water in the plants of farcry2.
    3. I don't recall this happening I have set houses on fire with ammoboxs in them, don't remember seeing it blow up afterwards.
    4. Magic Repair-tool.
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @MikeJFlick said:
    1. They are okay, but when you see the guy wrap his wrist and fix his thumb for the 20th time, they loose their appeal.
    2. It's been reduced, but it's sort of understandable, it's no longer the dry land of africa, lots of water in the plants of farcry2.
    3. I don't recall this happening I have set houses on fire with ammoboxs in them, don't remember seeing it blow up afterwards.
    4. Magic Repair-tool.
    So its only 2 healing animations? 
    smcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By smcn

He pulls a bullet out of his arm too.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @Tennmuerti@MikeJFlick@murisan
    Thank you for the help. Also I forgot to ask but does it have some kind of destruction? I know it 2 there was a little bit but not a ton to make any difference. Just curious if that Carried over too
    Avatar image for phantomgardener
    PhantomGardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PhantomGardener

What are these brutal animation you guys are talking about? The only thing I have seen him do is wrap a piece of bandage around his arm..

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FourWude

On the 360 version can you download maps with A.I and vehicles in them, and then play them with friends, ie basically as co-op maps?

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#13  Edited By natetodamax

I guess I'll make sure I never have syringes when I play. I love those healing animations.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By Vinny_Says

Haven't played the game yet but I figure I would ask here: do you get new weapons (besides one's on the list during the Quicklook) as you unlock towers or do the existing weapons just become free?

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By ShaggE

@PhantomGardener said:

What are these brutal animation you guys are talking about? The only thing I have seen him do is wrap a piece of bandage around his arm..

I'm not always sure what triggers them, but it seems to depend on the context and how severe the injury is. (i.e., take a fall, and you'll probably snap your thumb back in place... get shot up, and you'll dig a bullet out of your arm...) There's also one for healing while driving that seems pretty consistent.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Tennmuerti

@PhantomGardener: There are others where he will dig out a bullet out of his arm, or take out shrapnel from a different place after an explosion.

@The_Laughing_Man: No there are more animations, those are just more common, being light heals

@Sackmanjones: Aside from blowing up vehicles, boats, helicopters, opening animal cages or scripted sequences there is no destruction

@Vinny_Says: The ones you have unlocked at the start just become free with new towers. However there are more special weapons you can unlock for doing side activities, and a second set of weapons that unlocks later in the game for shopkeepers.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By murisan

@Tennmuerti said:

@PhantomGardener: There are others where he will dig out a bullet out of his arm, or take out shrapnel from a different place after an explosion.

@The_Laughing_Man: No there are more animations, those are just more common, being light heals

@Sackmanjones: Aside from blowing up vehicles, boats, helicopters, opening animal cages or scripted sequences there is no destruction

@Vinny_Says: The ones you have unlocked at the start just become free with new towers. However there are more special weapons you can unlock for doing side activities, and a second set of weapons that unlocks later in the game for shopkeepers.

I unlocked a "special" shotgun.. do you get more "unique" guns from towers?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Tennmuerti

@murisan: No don't think so, a set number of towers just gives you 1 of the special items i think. You can check the ingame handbook for completion stuff and it has listed which side activities unlock new special guns at what points (white/grey star). A lot are from finding the relics, a new knife for letters. There are 2 sniper rifles, a handgun, an LMG, and an insanely good SMG, plus that shotgun packs a huge punch.

There are also 2 fun syringe recipes as rewards for side stuff. One makes you invulnerable, one makes you kill anything with a single bullet. They take the most ingredients of any recipe.

Avatar image for phantomgardener
    PhantomGardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PhantomGardener

@ShaggE said:

@PhantomGardener said:

I'm not always sure what triggers them, but it seems to depend on the context and how severe the injury is. (i.e., take a fall, and you'll probably snap your thumb back in place... get shot up, and you'll dig a bullet out of your arm...) There's also one for healing while driving that seems pretty consistent.

Thats cool. I guess I just haven't seen them yet cause I have always been stocked up good on syringes, and not taken to much damage.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By envane

@Vinny_Says: they just become free

deerokus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By deerokus

@MikeJFlick said:

4. Magic Repair-tool.

I don't think the fire stuff has been reduced, I've had larger areas in flames than I ever did in 2, and now you can have entire trees going up. It doesn't spread as easily though and the foliage isn't very 'destructible'.

BTW the game is fantastic.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.