Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 29, 2012

The third installment in the series sees a reluctant victim battling nature, pirates, and the island's insanity-inducing jungle to rescue his friends and family from an island paradise gone horribly wrong.

The beginning

CVslyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CVslyy

I have been thinking about the story of Far Cry 3 and like the rest of the world wish and was expecting that there would be some sort of the plot twist that would change the way we all thought of the characters and their stories. The main reason why I was looking for some sort of wink and a nod was the beginning. While you are escaping and Grant gets shot Vaas yells "get out of here, you fucker" (or something to that extent). Did anyone else find this very odd for him to say? I felt as though he wanted you to escape, either that or he is just that messed up and wanted to hunt you down again.

Another kind of crazy (actually really crazy) idea I had was that this was all some sort of set up for a movie or a survival reality show. Please stick with me here. Vaas yells at you to escape, furthering the plot to this show/movie. When you go to find Daisy Vaas is video taping her and talking about how she is his star and that she is an actress. (Which I am pretty sure she actually is?) I know this may have been Vaas being the terrible villain that he is, but I really liked the idea that this could of just been some set up.

Now obviously this isn't the truth because you go around killing people and they kill your brother, but I just thought it was a neat idea and figured I'd share this dumb idea.

theslothking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By theslothking

Liza was the one being videotaped. Daisy is the blonde one.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By C0V3RT

@CVslyy said:

he is just that messed up and wanted to hunt you down again.

He's just that messed up that he wanted to hunt you down again. Vaas is so wonderfully insane, it's amazing and portrayed really well. His "Did I ever tell you definition of insanity" piece is maybe my favorite thing in Far Cry 3.

iceveiled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By iceveiled

Here's a good rule of thumb I've "developed" after years of playing hundreds of FPS games: THE STORIES SUCK 99% OF THE TIME. Never go into one expecting greatness. FarCry 3 does literally everything else great aside from storytelling.

theguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By theguy

@C0V3RT said:

@CVslyy said:

he is just that messed up and wanted to hunt you down again.

He's just that messed up that he wanted to hunt you down again. Vaas is so wonderfully insane, it's amazing and portrayed really well. His "Did I ever tell you definition of insanity" piece is maybe my favorite thing in Far Cry 3.

Really? That was my least favourite one of Vass' scenes.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Spoonman671

If it actually was a Survivor-esque TV show the entire time and it turned out that you had just gone fucking nuts and were slaughtering the cast and production crew the entire game, this would have been the game of the decade.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.