Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 29, 2012

The third installment in the series sees a reluctant victim battling nature, pirates, and the island's insanity-inducing jungle to rescue his friends and family from an island paradise gone horribly wrong.

Whoever wrote the handbook descriptions...

Timing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By Timing

... you are a pretty funny guy.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

More here. These actually make it worthwhile to read the descriptions whenever you find something new in the game.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

The similarities between Far Cry 3 and Assassin's Creed 3 are growing weirder by the minute. In a good way.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By buft

@AhmadMetallic said:

The similarities between Far Cry 3 and Assassin's Creed 3 are growing weirder by the minute. In a good way.

for real, especially as some of the handbook is written in a sort of third person sense, one entry about his brother says " I'm sorry about your brother"

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Syndrom

@buft said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

for real, especially as some of the handbook is written in a sort of third person sense, one entry about his brother says " I'm sorry about your brother"

the handbook stuff isn't written by your character. It's written by someone else you meet in the game. The very first message you get makes that kinda obvious i think.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ares42

Had quite a few laughs reading the database entries for sure. Sorta sad that it's something most people won't even notice.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FourWude

My copies gonna go back to the store. Game is broken. Broken MP, performance issues with SP and glitches galore. You've done it once again Ubi.... You broke my heart.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By TheHT

Laughed out loud at that lotus one. Good stuff.

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Wampa1

@TheHT: The "Why did I go hang gliding!" has to be the best though.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Yeah, noticed that, it's cool.

I just really disliked how Kotaku reported on it and then proceeds to put up a shitload of pictures.  But they also like to say stuff like "CHECK OUT THIS COOL *game* EASTER EGG IN *game*" complete with videos, screenshots and guides....on the second day of release. Yeah, no thanks. Games are a journey, a discovery and often a thing you spend a lot of time with so having it spoiled sucks.

But then again I'm the type who doesn't watch trailers because they spoil too much.

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wampa1

@TaliciaDragonsong: This is the first time I've literally known nothing about the game before going in, besides there being a guy with a mohawk who doesnt seem to like you very much. With the pervasiveness of trailers, dev walkthroughs, guides ad's and easter egg hunts it's pretty much impossible to go in totally fresh and really feel a game world is totally new to you.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@Wampa1: I'm pulling it off a lot of times though, but it does require not clicking on some of the things you mentioned.

I just kind of dislike reading previews on several sites, all of the same demo often because the sites all visited the same press event, and then when I get to that point in the game I know what's about to happen, I know why it should be cool or emotional but because I've already seen it I can't feel it again. The very thing they used to sell their game/lure the buyers is the thing that turns me off.

Same reason I don't watch movie or tv show trailers, the slightest dialogue, environment or character appearance can spoil much I'd prefer to enjoy fresh.
    SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@FourWude said:

My copies gonna go back to the store. Game is broken. Broken MP, performance issues with SP and glitches galore. You've done it once again Ubi.... You broke my heart.

That has nothing to do with the thread

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Wampa1

@TaliciaDragonsong: I've been trying that this year. So far I've managed with Assassin's Creed 3 and this, oh and Walking Dead (thank god). I feel with games it's much harder not to watch those things as a buyer. With movies you might hear a director is involved or an actor and that's enough. But with games you might need to see 10-20 minutes worth of gameplay to make sure the mechanics will carry it for 8-20 hours. I do feel showing off important emotional moments in E3 demos or trailers is a massive misstep though. As games become better written more narrative driven experiences designed to elicit emotion, they need to keep everything locked up tight.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.