Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 27, 2003

When they visit a spot where they used to play as children, the twin sisters Mio and Mayu suddenly find themselves in a village where night is eternal. With only a magic camera to defend themselves, they have to solve the village's mystery while defending themselves from evil spirits.

Any others?

Spiritgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Spiritgod

I just started playing this title for the PS2 (found it at a yard sale for $1), and I pretty much love everything about it so far, except the camera angle. I will finish this game, but for future reference are there any games similar to this that are more behind the shoulder or first person? And just in case someone tries to recommend Amnesia, I plan on getting it during the Steam Summer sale.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MikeGosot

Siren: Blood Curse is preeeeetty good. Also, White Day is pretty cool, but good luck finding an english patch.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By beargirl1

you found it for 1 dollar?! hmph. the only place i can find Fatal Frame is where they charge 'em for 49.99$ :\

hwy_61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By hwy_61

@Spiritgod said:

I plan on getting it during the Steam Summer sale.

Dude, why didn't you get it on Humble Indie Bundle?!

I've never played any of the Fatal Frames, but I've watched LPs of them, and they look really cool. If I ever come across a $1 copy (Yeah right), or cheap at all, I'll play it then.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By killacam

man, i found the first fatal frame for $5 on kijiji. still have yet to play it but puuuuuumped.

thank god for middle-aged women who know not of what they own.

Spiritgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Spiritgod

@hwy_61: I know! I constantly regret missing that opportunity

@AjayRaz: Yeah, I found it and Resident Evil 4, also on PS2, for $1 each

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Raven10

You know that game is worth at least $40 used? Keep it in good condition and you could make quite a bit on it later. It seems to increase in price yearly. Also, there is an even rarer Xbox version that has a vastly improved camera. I think it is first person and the PS2 one is third person but honestly I've never played my copy. The third game in the series I believe also has a better camera. If you want some other good horror games, in addition to Amnesia Frictional has made a series called Penumbra which I find just as scary.

Spiritgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Spiritgod

@Raven10: Imagine my surprise when I found it that cheap. I've always wanted to get into the series since I've heard how scary they are, and am so tired of survival horror games forgetting the horror part, but wasn't willing to shell out $40 for a PS2 game, especially if I wasn't sure I'd enjoy it. And in all honesty this game was almost exactly what I was looking for, I don't scare easily but like to be scared, and this game has come pretty close...or at least closer than any other game I've played. I checked out the Penumbra you suggested and it looks interesting, but I'll wait to see if it's in the Steam Summer sale.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Raven10

@Spiritgod: I managed to get my copy from Hollywood Video when they were going out of business. I happened to work there at the time so I just took the original box and manual with the game cause that was our only copy and I would have just thrown it out otherwise. I got a bunch of pretty rare games that way. Half of them I think no one ever rented. Plus the boxes were pretty much in new condition just sitting on the shelf.

Spiritgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Spiritgod

@Raven10: I visit pawn shops and yard sales, since those are the only places that don't charge outrageous prices. Even Gamestop tries to sell somewhat rare titles for beyond what most normal gamers would pay. Most of the time I see nothing but sports, racing, and movie tie-in titles littered about, but every once in a while I'll see a rare title for next to nothing.

I'm kind of hoping the re-make comes to North America, as I've heard the camera angle is different...or maybe I'm just hoping the camera angle is different.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.