Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 10, 2009

Project Origin is the direct sequel to Monolith's spooky first-person shooter, F.E.A.R.

Who is hyped for this game?

DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By DARKIDO07

I am, I'm picking up F.E.A.R. and F.E.A.R. Files this weekend for my Xbox 360. I have played the demos and loved them. Project Origin is going to kick ass, to bad this doesn't come out on Halloween though. Oh well I hope its amazing. I just wish they would still have the health packs though, regenerating health takes some of the spookiness out of games becuase your less edgy when you don't have to worry about your health.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By atejas

Looks too generic now that they have regenerating health.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By kush

I am really looking forward to this game and I've heard nothing but good things about it. I do feel that this game will be slightly forgotten and possibly just because of it's name, but I hope people play it. And on a side note, I would highly recommend the original F.E.A.R., but Files was not that good at all. Maybe you'll like it, but I thought everything about it was a mess.

Damonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Damonation

I am really excited too and I am seriously bummed about regenerating health.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Rowr

This game needs a better title or something.

It reeks of meh.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By pause422

Don't get files dude, really. Its not that its completely terrible, but the way Project Origin is working is like this- Monolith developed FEAR..then Sierra bought that name property(hence why they can't make this FEAR2 or something, instead project origin is its name) and 'they' as in 'Sierra" released Fear Files, Monolith said those games will have no connection to Project Origin, and aren't meant to be in the storyline at all, just completely forget they exist basically is the best solution.

Btw I am really excited for the game as well, I really enjoyed FEAR, and like Kush said..with m ost titles coming out just being bigger names and such, and project origin being a kind of odd title name, I think it won't get the attention it deserves..I kind  of wish another game got pushed back to 09 instead of this one, but I understand why they did it with all the releases coming this fall.

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By xruntime
    Kush said:
    "I am really looking forward to this game and I've heard nothing but good things about it. I do feel that this game will be slightly forgotten and possibly just because of it's name, but I hope people play it. And on a side note, I would highly recommend the original F.E.A.R., but Files was not that good at all. Maybe you'll like it, but I thought everything about it was a mess."

I thought the original FEAR was repetitive and a little boring...

MEBs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MEBs

I hope they don't mess with the feel of the controls and such. It looks like it will play like Call of Duty, which was a good game, but for multiplayer it wasn't fast enough. I'm looking foward to it, and hope it's better than FEAR.

-Evan

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#9  Edited By wefwefasdf

What is the last shooter that didn't have regenerating health? I'm curious because I can't remember one besides Half Life.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By atejas
    SpikeSpiegel said:
    "What is the last shooter that didn't have regenerating health? I'm curious because I can't remember one besides Half Life."

FEAR didnt, HL2, none of them actually. GTA IV, or do you mean FPS?
    That's the reason I dislike Gears. While it was a great game, it brought the whole 'grim reality darkness' thing into vogue, alongside cover and regenerating health.
    DrVanNostren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By DrVanNostren

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it, I just wish it wasn't coming out at such a bad time. Too many good games.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By pause422

it isn't..its getting pushed back to beginning of 09 because of the flood it would hit during november. As I said above, I wish it was something else getting pushed back instead of this.

DarthMaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By DarthMaul

Seems a little too over-hyped. Also, the name is too plain.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By pause422

how is this game over hyped is my question...thats what we're talking about in this topic..very few people seem to even know what its the sequel to or that it exists in the first place..and with all the other games coming out that people are putting first like Gears 2 and shit, this will mostly be overlooked and not played by the mass, which I would hope isn't true, but most likely will happen. This game is ddefinitely not hyped at all...it'll most likely be a sleeper hit.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BiggerBomb

I liked F.E.A.R. a lot, hopefully this will turn out to have the same great shooting action but will actually be scary.

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    atejas said:
    "Looks too generic now that they have regenerating health."
    they have that sweet now i am looking forward 2 it i died way to much in the original fear 
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BiggerBomb
    ZombieHunter said:
    "atejas said:
    they have that sweet now i am looking forward 2 it i died way to much in the original fear "

:O
    xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By xruntime

I think regenerating health, when done properly, can be far better than health packs. What I don't like about HL2 is that you have to bust out your crow bar every minute to get some supplies and break those crates.

Tanuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Tanuki

I also wouldn't suggest purchasing the "expansions".  Firstly, Monolith didn't make them.  Second, they ARE NOT CANON.  So whatever happens in EP and PM doesn't matter.  And third, you'll probably be absolutely sick of the gameplay by the time your done and will never want to see a shooter with slow-mo ever again.

So yeah.  They (the crappy "expansions") are nothing but a waste of time with absolutely nothing improved on from the original.

And since we're on the subject of regenerating health.  I hate it!  I like the idea that if you do really poor in one battle you have to do well in the next one.  And vice versa.  (if you do really well and almost don't get hit, you'll still have 100health and armor going into the next one so if you get in a sticky situation it's like being REWARDED being able to take a few extra hits)  Regenerating health to me seems like a way to go through the game generally doing bad as long as you make sure to prone or crouch behind cover when the screen gets red.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#20  Edited By giyanks22
    atejas said:
    I agree
    Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21  Edited By Bennyishere

I'm hyped. I only recently played F.E.A.R., and that was on my PC with low settings. I'll be buying F.E.A.R. Files cheap soon, and I'll probably get Project Origin if it doesn't flop.

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By xruntime
    Tanuki said:
    "

I also wouldn't suggest purchasing the "expansions".  Firstly, Monolith didn't make them.  Second, they ARE NOT CANON.  So whatever happens in EP and PM doesn't matter.  And third, you'll probably be absolutely sick of the gameplay by the time your done and will never want to see a shooter with slow-mo ever again.

So yeah.  They (the crappy "expansions") are nothing but a waste of time with absolutely nothing improved on from the original.

And since we're on the subject of regenerating health.  I hate it!  I like the idea that if you do really poor in one battle you have to do well in the next one.  And vice versa.  (if you do really well and almost don't get hit, you'll still have 100health and armor going into the next one so if you get in a sticky situation it's like being REWARDED being able to take a few extra hits)  Regenerating health to me seems like a way to go through the game generally doing bad as long as you make sure to prone or crouch behind cover when the screen gets red.

"
    That's why its important to program good AI that will not let you take a rest in the middle of battle, they will throw grenades, flank you, follow you, and shoot you.
    ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    BiggerBomb said:
    "ZombieHunter said:
    "atejas said:
    they have that sweet now i am looking forward 2 it i died way to much in the original fear "

:O"
    Whats with the  :O i died alot on the harder difficulty 
    Ma7moud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By Ma7moud

I loved Fear and PO looks pretty good. I was really hyped for this game till the game was delayed to 09 bow I'm less hyped.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By pause422

god everyone..don't purchase the expansion FILES's packs! just listen to us, if you played fear thats good enough..do not get the expansions, they are not relevant to the story in any possible way, and weren't done by the same devs.

HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Slight hype I guess but not gonna hype too much until it is close since it got delayed.

DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27  Edited By DARKIDO07

Well I guess I won't get Files now if it isn't relevant to the story at all. Yeah I prefer health packs to regenerating health, it makes you nervous, and a bit more edgy when you have say 32% health in a shooter.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.