Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy IV: The After Years

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jun 01, 2009

A sequel to the events of Final Fantasy IV focusing on the adventures of Ceodore, son of Cecil and Rosa. The game was originally released episodically for cell phones in Japan before being rebuilt as a WiiWare title for international release.

Did I miss something - retail Wii Final Fantasy IV: After Years?

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By oldschool

I was scanning through the Game online catalogue and saw this: 

No Caption Provided
    So, as the title says, did I  just miss this?  I knew it was available on WiiWare in pieces, but wasn't aware they were putting it all together for a retail copy. 

Now that leads me to ask, as I can't take my Wii online and don't care much for digital games, who has played this and is it gong to be a worthwhile purchase when it comes out? 
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Willy105

I never heard of this before.

Interesting if true.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By iamjohn

Retarded lie day?

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Never heard of it before, did you just see it today?

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By oldschool
    @Willy105 said:
    " I never heard of this before.  Interesting if true. "
    @iAmJohn said:
    " Retarded lie day? "
    @NekuSakuraba said:
    " Never heard of it before, did you just see it today? "
    Indeed, I did just see it today (it is April 2nd for me).  I will give you the link and see what you think:   Final Fantasy IV: The After Years 

It mentions nothing about it being WiiWare and it wouldn't be in there if it was, as a TBC.  I am certainly hoping it is for real as I would much rather buy it on a disc.  Check the link to see it is a legitimate Game site and then tell me what you think.
    rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By rallier

For a budget price that would be pretty neat if true.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By oldschool
    @Rallier said:
    " For a budget price that would be pretty neat if true. "
    Buying each of the 9 installments on WiiWare must have been pretty damn expensive.  It sure as hell won't take up a lot of disc space - about half a Gb?  Agreed though, it has to be a budget title, but  could see Square Enix charging at least 75% of normal retail of a Wii game.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By oldschool
    @Linkyshinks said:

" By Video Game KING  

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/video_game_king/apparently-there-is-such-a-thing-as-too-old-school/30-38401/ "

Yes, but that was on WiiWare specifically.  This is combining them into a retail disc compilation and I was not aware of that being planned. 

Final Fantasy IV: The After Years  Metacritic reviews, it averaged a 69, so it is far from the worst game in the gaming universe.  As I said before, all 9 episodes must have been a lo of Wii Points.  This delivery method will be a lot cheaper, even if VGK disliked it.  
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By oldschool
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " Are you sure it's not a mistake, after all, the file size of this game is tiny, haha. "
    Yeah, I made that point.  9 episodes would come in well under half a Gb.  I can't say it isn't a mistake, but as you can see on the Game site, it is there for all to see and pre-order.  I wouldn't underestimate how well it would probably sell, depending on price.  I would certainly get it at a budget price.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By oldschool
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " I very much doubt it's coming to disc format, but if it is, I think in some cases it can be a positive thing, depending on price of course. I'd like to see something like Frontiers Lost Winds 1 & 2 made available on disc. It would mean you get a chance to play them for starters. "
    Well, I was surprised to see what effectively looks like a disc version of the game as well, and as someone who can't use WiiWare, I am certainly n favour of some of them making their way to disc.   I think there are many like me who don't do the download thing and having a game in front of people at retail may sell a lot of copies.

I am still fairly sure this one is a disc version though,  Time will tell I suppose.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.