Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy VII

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Jan 31, 1997

The seventh numbered entry in the Final Fantasy franchise brings the series into 3D with a landmark title that set new industry standards for cinematic storytelling. Mercenary Cloud Strife joins the rebel group AVALANCHE in their fight against the power-hungry Shinra Company, but their struggle soon becomes a race to save the entire Planet from an impending cataclysm.

Final Fantasy VII

gimmysumcowbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By gimmysumcowbel

I never got to play it considering i was like 5 years old when it came out.  Since a version of the game is ridiculously expensive i thought that a remake for the PS3 would be awesome.  They already got a tech demo to show off the PS3's graffix but it would be tight if they realeased a full on remake.

Anyone think that this is even a possiblility?

gimmysumcowbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By gimmysumcowbel

I never got to play it considering i was like 5 years old when it came out.  Since a version of the game is ridiculously expensive i thought that a remake for the PS3 would be awesome.  They already got a tech demo to show off the PS3's graffix but it would be tight if they realeased a full on remake.

Anyone think that this is even a possiblility?

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

they'll probably do it. eventually.  people will probably be really surprised when they don't like it.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By toowalrus

That would be great. I borrowed a copy from my cousin, and found it unplayable. The graphics just drive me nuts. I know it was great when it was new, but that game has aged HORRIBLY. Anyone who disagrees has that sweet sweet nostalgia towards the game. Nostalgia I wish I had, so I could finish the game.

gimmysumcowbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gimmysumcowbel

i dont think the graphics would be that big of a deal.  i just played through the first MGS for the first time and i loved it.

FiestaUnicorn said:
    "they'll probably do it. eventually.  people will probably be really surprised when they don't like it."
    why wouldnt people like it?
    AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By AndrewGaspar
    TooWalrus said:
    "That would be great. I borrowed a copy from my cousin, and found it unplayable. The graphics just drive me nuts. I know it was great when it was new, but that game has aged HORRIBLY. Anyone who disagrees has that sweet sweet nostalgia towards the game. Nostalgia I wish I had, so I could finish the game.
    "
    I like the 2D graphics of the first six Final Fantasies better than Final Fantasy VII's graphics, which are basically 2D with ugly 3D polygonal characters.

And MGS looks way better than Final Fantasy VII.
    SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

I don't know.  While it hasn't aged HORRIBLY, I could imagine my image of the game being blurred with a remake.
    I'd still want one, it would just have to be made very carefully.

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

gimmysumcowbel said:

"i dont think the graphics would be that big of a deal.  i just played through the first MGS for the first time and i loved it.

FiestaUnicorn said:
    "they'll probably do it. eventually.  people will probably be really surprised when they don't like it."
    "

Once people got past the new graphics they would see how crazy easy the game is, how little strategy is involved, and how nearly incoherent the storytelling is.  Not to mention for the past twelve years every japanese rpg that comes out still borrows heavily from it or is just another FFVII clone.  It wouldn't be fresh anymore since fans of japanese rpg's have ,essentially, been playing it since it came out whenever they play an rpg.

gimmysumcowbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By gimmysumcowbel
    FiestaUnicorn said:
    "

gimmysumcowbel said:

"i dont think the graphics would be that big of a deal.  i just played through the first MGS for the first time and i loved it.

FiestaUnicorn said:
    "

Once people got past the new graphics they would see how crazy easy the game is, how little strategy is involved, and how nearly incoherent the storytelling is.  Not to mention for the past twelve years every japanese rpg that comes out still borrows heavily from it or is just another FFVII clone.  It wouldn't be fresh anymore since fans of japanese rpg's have ,essentially, been playing it since it came out whenever they play an rpg.

"
    well good for me i havent played many JRPG's 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.