Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy VII

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Jan 31, 1997

The seventh numbered entry in the Final Fantasy franchise brings the series into 3D with a landmark title that set new industry standards for cinematic storytelling. Mercenary Cloud Strife joins the rebel group AVALANCHE in their fight against the power-hungry Shinra Company, but their struggle soon becomes a race to save the entire Planet from an impending cataclysm.

Is FF7 any good?

• 147 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

The impact of 'holy shit this is so cinematic and the future of video games' has truly eroded. Thought the gameplay was kind of eh and shallow compared to other installments. It's aged horribly and, it looks bad and has awful translation, if you have no nostalgia for it then I wouldn't recommend it . Good music though. Then I saw this thread is like a year old

davidh219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

The only PS1 Final Fantasies I played were 7 and 9. Didn't play 'em when they were new. Maybe nine years ago now, so there wasn't that novelty factor. I thought 7 was decent at the time, but nothing all that special. The writing was pretty crap and juvenile throughout, and I thought this as a fifteen year old, so I shudder to think of how it would come across to me now. I suspect the localization wasn't very good. 9 on the other hand, I adore to this day. I played through the first disc a few months ago for nostalgia purposes and found that it held up surprisingly well. It really wasn't any worse than how I remember it.

All that being said, PS1 graphics hold up worse than the consoles before it do. Since you're too young for PS1, you're definitely too young for Super Nintendo. Go play Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy 6 instead. The graphics hold up better by today's standards and both of them are superior games when compared to either 7 or 9. You can get 5 and 6 in a collection that was released on PS1 called 'Final Fantasy Anthology' that should be on the PSN store. Chrono Trigger also has a PS1 re-release that you can get.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.