Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy VII

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Jan 31, 1997

The seventh numbered entry in the Final Fantasy franchise brings the series into 3D with a landmark title that set new industry standards for cinematic storytelling. Mercenary Cloud Strife joins the rebel group AVALANCHE in their fight against the power-hungry Shinra Company, but their struggle soon becomes a race to save the entire Planet from an impending cataclysm.

Was advent children any good?

Brockly46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Brockly46

since I recently started playing FFVII again since i downloaded it on PS3, i was thinking about getting advent children, worth looking into?

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Demyx

It was fun to watch.

I myself don't think its worth it to buy it.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By brukaoru

This thread probably would have been better as a poll.

In terms of plot, there really isn't much, but if you really love Final Fantasy ViI, you'll probably enjoy it just for the reason of seeing your favorite characters look amazingly awesome in CG. With that said, since I'm a big fan of FFVII, I enjoyed it.  

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Demyx
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Hamz

If you played and enjoyed FF7 then yes, yes it is good and well worth watching. If you didn't play the game or enjoy it, then definately worth passing on as you'll likely just sit there thinking 'WTF?' and wonder why you're wasting your time.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HandsomeDead

The fight scenes are choreographed amazingly and it all looks nice but if you haven't played the games, the fanservice based plot will go right over your head.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

No I don't believe it was good, even if you loved ff7 its not good because it opens up so many plot holes in ff7 the game it tends to be a ruining experience i think... *as all sequals, spin offs and preequals tend to do*

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Meowayne

It's nice for the few bits of fanservice and every other nice action scene. But the movie itself is extremely bad. And apart from some of the visuals, it doesn't have anything to do with Final Fantasy VII.
    Oh, and the entire second half is one big action scene. I'm not kidding. After the initial action and inbetween-action of the first half, there follows a 45 minute continuous string of fight scenes.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By spazmaster666

As someone who has never played FFVII, I still enjoyed Advent Children immensely due to the great action sequences (and despite not knowing any of the back story, I still got the gist of what was going on). The low quality of the Bluray version is a little disappointing however.

slinky6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By slinky6

total garbage.   no fucking respect for gravity.  

Reuben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Reuben

Blu-ray complete version, Get it now!

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12  Edited By kush

Coming from someone who has yet to play FFVII...I wouldn't recommend it as I found particular character to be rather annoying and take away from any potential the film may have had. Though if you happen to be a Netflix subscriber you can watch it in the Instant Q so I'd give it a shot if that option was available for you.

Avatar image for viklanderviking
    viklanderviking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By viklanderviking

I have played both the original FFVII and crisis core and honestly i cant recommend advent children for any reason other then the awesome CG. The story of the movie got so bad that i started ignoring it and just watching it beacuse of the fight sequences.

L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By L33tfella_H

Haven't seen it, but as far as i know..it's fanservice...and FF7 fans(the real hardcore kind) are idiots.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By penguindust

It was cool seeing all the characters you liked from the past again, and some of the action sequences are really top-notch, but the film has no soul and feels like a product.  The plot, if you can call it that, makes no sense and characters show up at times without any reason other than to fill an "X" on a check list.  If you like cool animation or if you enjoyed FF VII then rent it either way.  I really don't see any reason to own this film unless you are an absolute FF die-hard fanatic who secretly dresses up like Tifa when no one is looking.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By damswedon

I'd happily choose watching advent children than slogging through FF7.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.