Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Dec 26, 2013

A collection for PS3, PS4, Vita and PC, containing Final Fantasy X International and Final Fantasy X-2 International + Last Mission featuring HD visuals and a remastered soundtrack.

Are you liking it?

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Zevvion

Final Fantasy X is one of my favorite videogames ever. I was really, really excited when they announced this HD version. I'm currently playing and I'm at (location) Mount Gagazet right now. I bought the game on both the PS3 and Vita and have been playing on both. The cross save functionality works well enough. It always takes a couple minutes before I can continue, I wish it was a bit smoother, but it's fine.

I'm impressed how they touched up some things like facial features and hair-do's. The menu's seem overhauled visually as well. It looks nice. I'm glad they made a proper HD version and didn't just change the resolution and call it a day. The music is also remixed a bit. I like it.

How are you liking it? Also, have you played the international version before? I have because I live in Europe, so I already bested the Dark Aeons and Penance and such. Never used Ribbon though, that stuff is expensive as hell.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

I like it well enough. I hadn't played the International edition, so some of the sphere grid changes were a pleasant surprise. I don't mind the changes in music, and the graphics updates look decent, if not earth-shattering. It's still an incredibly frustrating game in spots (namely chocobo racing, butterfly hunting, and lightning dodging), but it's still a very, very good game despite those rough patches. And I'm still crazy addicted to blitzball.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By cloudymusic

Yep, I've been meaning to revisit FFX for a few years, so this is a good opportunity. The redone music was a very nice surprise.

Some character models look great in HD, but Tidus's Botox-like face is really jarring in HD because it becomes even more obvious just how little he does in terms of facial expression.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By rorie

Yep, it's pretty great. No major issues with it on my Vita, although some stuff is a bit tougher with the short sticks, like LuLu's overdrive with the stick circling. But it's a great pickup on the Vita. Hope they do FFXII next.

azrailx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By azrailx

loved the game originally, love the update. also having fun with the expert sphere grid, it was fun having yuna with black magic early

if they do update ff 12 i might give that game another chance, it felt too grindy, and i didn't like most of the characters from that game (especially vann ugg)...

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#7  Edited By nophilip

It's been 8+ years since I played the game (got near the end last time, but never finished it). I just got to Guadosalam. Impressions so far:

-The sphere grid continues to be awesome, and is a really compelling hook to get you through all those random battles.

-Swapping characters without burning a turn makes combat much more free and interesting, and is resulting in me being more invested in the entire party instead of just 3 of them.

-The voice acting ranges from pretty good (Seymour, Auron, Wakka) to just awful (Tidus, Yuna). The poor end of the spectrum, when paired with the dated animation, makes certain characters (especially Yuna) seem extremely robotic.

-How the hell did this get released without skippable cutscenes? I restarted 3 hours in to change sphere grids and sitting through all those scenes again really sucks.

-All the cutscenes in the game feel very bloated and poorly structured. Way too much dead air/characters animating slowly in silence.

-I remembered hating Kimahri last time I played, but am finding him very useful this time around.

So basically, we've got a fantastic battle/leveling system, kind of a middling cast, and an interesting story that's held back by some poor presentation. I'm enjoying the game a lot this time around, but it's really making me hope for a remastered version of FFXII, which is ultimately nearer and dearer to me than this game.

EDIT: Forgot one.

-Blitzball! I'm giving it more of a chance this time, but boy do they do a terrible job of getting you into it initially. I remember finding it completely impenetrable last time I played it. I managed to win the opening tournament this time and haven't touched it again. I'll probably get back into it later for Wakka's overdrives/trophies.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm really liking it so far. I forgot just how awkward the game can be at times with certain animations and dialog. I'm glad I decided to pick it up because it feels great to be playing my favorite Final Fantasy game again. Once I beat it I'm probably going to jump into X-2; I always felt bad for not really giving it a chance.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm enjoying it. Actually looking forward to X-2 more since we got the International version of X over here in the UK, but X-2's international version never left Japan.

I'd forgotten how great the battle quotes were in both games. Really helps to add a lot of character.

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

Ugh I caved and bought it, even though I think Final Fantasy X is where I started to lose interest in everything Square was doing...but then I remember what an iconic game it was for me at the time and how mindblowing the visuals were, and how I got rid of all my PS2 games years ago...so I just had to pick it up. Definitely not doing the same for Kingdom Hearts, though. I was 14 when that came out and loved it to pieces, then tried playing it again a few years later and thought it was super lame and lost all interest in the series.

I always hated that X-2 was basically a weird Charlie's Angels spin-off to a pretty serious game, and it never made sense to me. Now that I don't really care, I'll be interested to check out the battle system again. I remember that it was interesting and fun.

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

It's fine but I feel like expert sphere grid is gonna cause me problems down the line, I have this feeling that I am gonna mess my characters up. Also, I am not really feeling Tidus's face but whatever.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Steadying

@rorie: I'm currently playing through XII on PS2 since it's the only FF game that I didn't really know a whole lot about. I reeeeally wanted to hold out for the HD version, but I didn't wanna be waiting forever, and that's if they even do decide to release that one. It's not exactly the most popular FF game out there, and I seem to vaguely remember them saying something that kinda implied they weren't interested in doing it?

Ugh, I know a year or two from now I'm gonna be regretting the decision to play it now while everyone else is playing their shiny HD versions.

On topic: I haven't actually bought this yet, but I plan to. FF X is my second favorite FF game (VII being the first), and I can't wait to play this version. It's great to see they actually put some effort into it instead of just upscaling the resolution or whatever and calling it a day. I really wish they used Tidus' awesome Dissidia design, though. :P

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@rorie: I'm currently playing through XII on PS2 since it's the only FF game that I didn't really know a whole lot about. I reeeeally wanted to hold out for the HD version, but I didn't wanna be waiting forever, and that's if they even do decide to release that one. It's not exactly the most popular FF game out there, and I seem to vaguely remember them saying something that kinda implied they weren't interested in doing it?

I think the rumor mill version was that if FFX did really well they would consider doing FFXII too. But I'm not going to hold my breath.

Vanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm really enjoying playing it again, enough so that I've stopped playing Dark Souls 2, but I have two gripes with it:

1. I don't like the new music or faces. I can deal with them, but I think they were both better before.

2. I've noticed some bad slowdown in a few of the cutscenes. In the scene at Macalania temple it's really noticeable.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By fattony12000

I still haven't finished it from when it came out the first time around.

LOL

It seemed pretty great, though.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck those Dark Aeons and their bizarre placement out in the open. Ok, back to grinding levels and monster catching.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dudeglove: I'm at a low level (well, okay, there aren't really levels, I guss, but you know what I mean), so I'm still laser focused on AP grinding, item collection, and celestial weapons. I should be just about prepped and ready to grind out Omega for a bit and then I'll focus on the monster hunting bosses. After that, it's the dark aeons. But stumbling on the dark Magus sisters and dark Bahamut while collecting celestial weapons and sigils sucked. Glad I'm super careful about saving.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By Sterling

Was super excited the moment they announced the HD version. And was really excited to finally get it. Then I put it in the other day to play and I just kinda lost all interest. Not sure why. I really love this game. I've played through three times already. And 100%'d the sphere grid with all characters once. Not sure why but it didn't grab me right away. Maybe I just need to play more past the beginning. I only got up to the part where you are about to leave Besade.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.