Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XI Online

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released May 16, 2002

Players from across the globe enter the world of Vana'diel for a Final Fantasy adventure in the series' first foray into the MMORPG genre.

So this game is on sale ....is it any good ?

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By turbomonkey138

Has anyone played it ? It is on sale on steam ....and it looks cool .

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

And how much is it monthy. I could get into a FF online game. 

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @The_Laughing_Man: Normal fee probably ...9 pounds a month
    agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By agentboolen

I think thats the one that was packaged with the PS2 HDD, its a leveling up MMO if anyone is playing it now a days I doubt you'll ever level up enough to really have any fun.  I would pass on it if this is the FF game I think it is, but thats my opinion I don't like MMO's either.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Ive also heard there are rumors its gonna go the way of Tabula rasa. 

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @The_Laughing_Man: Its existed in japan for years...i doubt it will go any time soon
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @turbomonkey138 said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man: Its existed in japan for years...i doubt it will go any time soon "
    I guess ill watch this thread. Maybe Ill give it a try! 
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

This game is not friendly to new comers, the players are all awesome but you really have to dedicate yourself to get anywhere and FF14 is coming out sometime so I would skip on FF11 if I were you.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Bucketdeth said:
    " This game is not friendly to new comers, the players are all awesome but you really have to dedicate yourself to get anywhere and FF14 is coming out sometime so I would skip on FF11 if I were you. "
    Define " Not friendly to new comers" 
    Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pazy

Personally its my favourite MMO but its really aimed at group gameplay from the early levels. And it was released in 2002 so it dosent feature a lot of "smoothing" of gameplay in the post-WoW MMO's and is more akin to Everquest. If you want an MMO with a bit more complexity than WoW and are willing to give a shot even with it having the Final Fantasy name then id say try and rope a few friends in, with friends you have the potential to love it but without friends then you will need to be lucky and hook into a clan with players around your own level.

evildeadron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By evildeadron

i played ffxi for 4 years, yes its a good game 

it used to be alot harder to play, over the past few years they have made leveling easier (better ability to solo or level with small groups, and the ability to level synch, so if you have friends who have higher level jobs, they can still level with you) 

for less than 10 bucks, and a free 30 days to try it out, there is no reason not to give it a shot, the monthly fee is 12.95 per month USD, and 1.00 for each extra charachter slot per month
    Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Pazy
    @The_Laughing_Man said:

" @Bucketdeth said:

As far as I remember you spawn in your chosen town (out of 3 nations) and you have to find the first quest in the main chain yourself, you have to find all the shops yourself, there is a map but it dosent feature any objective markers or descriptions. And if you go too far from the exit's of the town (like 100m) the enemies get really brutal and will kill you which results in a loss of XP. And I dont remember any description of how do get or do any of the higher level combo attacks.

EDIT: Also there are no markers to show who has your quests (or who gave you a quest) and you have just have to know and go talk to them. There are vague quest descriptions but if you dont know where to go (more than likely) you will need to look up a guide to tell you where the thing is.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Bucketdeth said:
    " This game is not friendly to new comers, the players are all awesome but you really have to dedicate yourself to get anywhere and FF14 is coming out sometime so I would skip on FF11 if I were you. "
    Define " Not friendly to new comers"  "
    The way you level is by grinding and you will do this until level 75(max) getting into a party is not an easy task as the people inviting are usually vets and will only take people of the right class and who know what there doing, when you start you will probably be lost and wonder where you get quests to but FFXI just does not work that way and even though you get quests they are different from most mmo's, the UI is totally different from any mmo I have ever played and had a ton of trouble figuring out how to do basically anything, the controls are also suited for PS2 and 360 so it feels unnatural playing on the PC imo.
    Just read up on the game it will help you decide if you want to purchase it.
    evildeadron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By evildeadron

as far as not being friendly to new comers, the game does not hold your hand, that is a fact...however there are some good sites to tell you everything you need to know (allakazam is one) and for the most part , higher level players in starter cities are a pretty friendly bunch and will answer any questions you have, just politely send someone a tell, or speak in /say around an auction house, people will help you along and probably offer you a linkshell (guild) in linkshell chat, youll get any answer you need and probably make friends
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @evildeadron: Sounds good :)
    Shadowsquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Shadowsquire

I'm actually waiting for the 7 hours of updates to install atm. But I remember playing this game about 8 or 9 years ago on my ps2. At that time I was still a kid, but I loved it and didn't have much trouble figuring it out. I'm looking forward to jumping back into the mix.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.