Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XII

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 16, 2006

The last Final Fantasy game released on the PS2, Final Fantasy XII is distinguished by its condition-driven "gambit" battle system, its Monster Hunter-like open environments and side quests, and its setting in the existing fictional universe of Ivalice.

Should I play FFXII?

pieboy12321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pieboy12321

I played the first 3 hours about a year ago and found my self against a boss, which i was too low a lvl for and I couldn't go grind cause i was stuck in the dungeon....I haven't really felt like doing that part over because I found it kind of a bore. Should I give it another try? Does it get any better? And what level should I be for the Flamehorse boss?

Edit: I may have not had any potions or something i forget, i know there was a reason I had to start over.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By AgentJ

I dont see why you shouldn't. No matter what people think about the direction the FF series is taking, it's still a plus plus game. Stick with it. 

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Pazy

I thought it was an awesome game and well worth spending the time with. So far I havent found myself underlevelled for anything (or at least not noticably) and I generally avoid fights if possible so if you can grind yourself out of that spot and move on then fingers crossed no more grinding and just awesomeness :)

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By PureRok

The save points heal you, don't they? You should be able to grind just fine in a dungeon if there's a save point in there.

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By KamasamaK

Sure, stick with it. I did find parts of the beginning a bit difficult without grinding, especially the first place where undead kept appearing out of the ground, but it does get easier once you complete more of the License Board and collect more Gambits and good equipment. Learning to use the Gambits well will be very helpful.

The horse you're talking about is level 7, so I suppose you should be around there. If you are really having trouble, there are FAQs online (Split Infinity's being the best imo).

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By KaosAngel

Only get the International Version, don't waste your time with the original.  When you compare the games, the IZJS version makes FF12 look like shit from a monkey after he ate it and pooped it back out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.