Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Dec 15, 2011

Final Fantasy XIII-2 is a direct sequel to Final Fantasy XIII released by Square Enix in early 2012.

Multiple endings?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#1  Edited By Hailinel

I've heard that Final Fantasy XIII-2 has multiple endings. If this is true, does anyone have any non-spoilery tips on getting the best ending, or at least explain what's required? It would be a pain if the requirements are as hidden and esoteric as they are in Final Fantasy X-2.

Never mind. Apparently there are nine different endings.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @Hailinel said:

I've heard that Final Fantasy XIII-2 has multiple endings. If this is true, does anyone have any non-spoilery tips on getting the best ending, or at least explain what's required? It would be a pain if the requirements are as hidden and esoteric as they are in Final Fantasy X-2.

All of the optional endings are for breaking the game and doing things that in the story you were clearly not supposed to do, I will let your mind run from there because a few of them should be fairly obvious. 

However, once you've collected all the fragments in the game you get a secret ending that actually goes along with the real ending.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hailinel

@Zenaxzd said:

@Hailinel said:

All of the optional endings are for breaking the game and doing things that in the story you were clearly not supposed to do, I will let your mind run from there because a few of them should be fairly obvious. However, once you've collected all the fragments in the game you get a secret ending that actually goes along with the real ending.

I see.

Does the secret ending do anything to resolve the cliffhanger hinted at in the other thread?

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @Hailinel: I have not seen it myself yet but I am going with a huge "fuck no" simply because of how the game ends which you should see soon enough (as the main story stuff is only 20 hours or so).
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hailinel

@Zenaxzd said:

@Hailinel: I have not seen it myself yet but I am going with a huge "fuck no" simply because of how the game ends which you should see soon enough (as the main story stuff is only 20 hours or so).

All right, then. Thanks!

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By spazmaster666

@Hailinel said:

I see.

Does the secret ending do anything to resolve the cliffhanger hinted at in the other thread?

No, it's basically just a certain guy saying some things about a Goddess or something like that. ;)

As far as I'm concerned, the Flan ending is the canon one.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @spazmaster666 said:

@Hailinel said:

I see.

No, it's basically just a certain guy saying some things about a Goddess or something like that. ;)

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @spazmaster666 said:

@Hailinel said:

I see.

Alright, fuck everything I said about the Atlas ending, the Flan ending is where it's at. Like wow that entire thing was absolutely hilarious. I almost had a spit take when Noel started talking.
    Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Animasta

man the guide said I'm not strong enough for them but I so want to beat them they seem hilarious D:

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @Animasta said:

man the guide said I'm not strong enough for them but I so want to beat them they seem hilarious D:

Minor spoilers below... I guess? 

I decided to fight full powered Atlas first thing after I finished the game and it was still pretty challenging with a few level 99 classes under my belt. Unless you've been doing excess grinding you probably aren't ready, yeah. The key thing to beating him is having a lot of HP and being good at swapping to Sen/Sen right before an attack lands, I think his stagger was so high I didn't bother with it and just did Com/Com/Com unless I needed to heal or whatever. It was challenging, but mostly because it just takes a few minutes to kill him and if you mess up can die pretty fast.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.