Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

Can I get back ?

barnard_cyryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By barnard_cyryn

Im on chapter 12 right now and have done some of the missions  but I want to do them all so I need to know,  
    At the end of the game is there a way to get back to Puse or do I need to go back to an earlier save ?

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By KarlPilkington

At the beginning of Chapter 13 you get the option to go back to Gran Pulse.
    barnard_cyryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By barnard_cyryn

Ok thank you ill keep going then 

viney212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By viney212

Once you beat the game you'll get a chance to save after the credits.  Boot that save up and you can warp back to Gran Pulse and finish everything up.  You wouldn't want to try and 100% the mark missions until after you finish the main story because the last Crystarium level isn't unlocked until you beat the final boss. 

I like the way they handle this.  You actually gain something by beating the boss other than the ending to the story.  It maintains continuity in the story where in past Final Fantasy's there was always a huge build-up in story and then this weird lull while you put the boss on hold and grind, race chocobos and whatnot.  And you don't feel like you're back-tracking to previous saves quite as much because there's progression in completing the story.   

Wish they would have added a 'New Game +' option though.  Getting all the ultimate weapons is such a grind and there isn't a whole lot to do with them by the time you get all of them.  Taking them through another play-through would have been nice.

Stephen1141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Stephen1141
    @Viney212 said:
    " Once you beat the game you'll get a chance to save after the credits.  Boot that save up and you can warp back to Gran Pulse and finish everything up.  You wouldn't want to try and 100% the mark missions until after you finish the main story because the last Crystarium level isn't unlocked until you beat the final boss.  I like the way they handle this.  You actually gain something by beating the boss other than the ending to the story.  It maintains continuity in the story where in past Final Fantasy's there was always a huge build-up in story and then this weird lull while you put the boss on hold and grind, race chocobos and whatnot.  And you don't feel like you're back-tracking to previous saves quite as much because there's progression in completing the story.    Wish they would have added a 'New Game +' option though.  Getting all the ultimate weapons is such a grind and there isn't a whole lot to do with them by the time you get all of them.  Taking them through another play-through would have been nice. "

My opinion, that'd be really boring taking Omega weapon through another playthrough. I have a lvl 100 omega, and it boosts my strength and magic by 508, which would make early enemies retardedly easy, and also, would destroy your par times on bosses, because a huge factor in that is your strength stat
    viney212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By viney212

I was thinking more along the lines of current-gen 'New Game +" type modes where the difficulty is scaled.  Playing through a harder play-through where the focus is more on using different strategies and gear combinations than upgrading and leveling.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.