Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

Dumb question: How do I 'install' this game? [XBOX360]

NoXious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NoXious

Oke so I'm usually not into console gaming all that much, and the games I have played are all single disc games.
    So how do I install this game? Do I pop in all 3 discs and just say "Install to HDD" ? 

Thanks in advance, I guess Steam has spoiled me :-P

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By MildMolasses

On the dash board, at the MY Xbox tab, scroll over to the tab that say Game Library (and your disc must be in the drive). Select FF XIII and it will give you three options, one of which is Install to Hard drive. 

Keep in mind that installing all three discs will still require you to do the disc swap. So don't bother doing them all at once. Play through a disc, then delete it and install the next one
    NoXious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NoXious
    @MildMolasses:
    Coo, thanks! Shame I still have to disc swap but at least it wont make as much noise anymore :-P
    jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By jimbo_n

Install all three discs the same way you install a game with one disc. They will be labeled Disc 1,2 and 3. Takes up a crapload of space tho. I think I ended up around 18gb when done.  
    I would recommend installing them all at once tho. Nothing like quitting the game after switching discs to do an install for 10 min to take you out of the experience.
    NoXious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NoXious
    @Jimbo_N:
    Yea I'll definitely install all three, it's not like that space gets used for anything else on my hdd.
    I just find it weird you're installing all three discs as a solo product. I'd have thought it would be like a PC install, where you're told to swap discs while installing.
    alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By alternate

It isn't really an install like PC - it just makes a perfect image of each disc on the HDD.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By MildMolasses

Yeah, calling it an install is sort of a misnomer, as it is very different from what a PC install does. This is more akin to making a copy.

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Out_On_Bail

Wow I was thinking about installing it also just to stop the noise, but 18gigs? That's crazy talk there. 

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Aus_azn
    @MildMolasses said:
    " Yeah, calling it an install is sort of a misnomer, as it is very different from what a PC install does. This is more akin to making a copy. "
    Yeah. I know PS3 is more so like a PC install, insomuch as to require (and reference from) both the disc in the drive, and the material on the HDD.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.