Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

Final Fantasy XIII related shtuffs

Violet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Violet

I hated the first two hours of this game. Once you unlock the Crystarium system and Paradigm shift ability, everything gets so much better and I must say I'm pretty thrilled that so far this game has lived up to my expectations. Thoughts and opinions on this game compared to older and traditional FFs? 

Totally in love with the OST. I attended the midnight release but didn't buy the console bundle, although I just ordered a faceplate. I'm trying to get a female PSICOM code so if anyone has any extras, please let me know. (:

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Addfwyn

I'd rank it number 4 on my overall FF list.  After 6, 8, 10 (not necessarily in that order).   
    Every FF has its own unique things going for it (even FF2 or 3 changed things up) so this is no different.  For the people saying this is the end of FF, well the next FF won't be like this anyway.  Personally I like the more streamlined feel of the game, it takes out all the things I disliked about FF and really streamlines the process.  Other people disagree of course, so it'll be up to each individual.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#3  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

This might honestly be my favorite, but I have to wait until the recency factor dies down.

By the way, welcome to the community! :)

Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By Jost1

I'm enjoying it just as much as 12 (my personal fave of the polygonal ones) and I did NOT expect that. It's the perfect JRPG experience for me.

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By wchigo

I've enjoyed all the FF games so far, but I've been most excited about this one and I've probably had the most fun with this one thus far (haven't finished it yet though). I've heard a lot of people say it took time for them to really warm up to the game, but I was on the boat and all-in since the game first booted up. Love the OST as well. I pre-ordered it, but it's on back-order. *sigh* Few small gripes... like I wish there was more rumble integration in the game. Only when you stagger the enemy have I really ever felt anything as far as I remember. =/

So yeah... kinda in the same mindset as Sleepy_Insomniac atm.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By ZenaxPure

If you bought the game brand new you should have the female Psicom suit, it came with every copy. The lucky bastards of the 360 bundle got Nabatt's and Rosch's outfits, I am insanely jealous but I guess my XBL avatar must be a psicom peon for life. However, I have a spare I am willing to give away but Square's member site has to be as hard as it can to navigate so I have no idea how to re-find the codes I got. 

As for comparing them to other games I like Square trying new things, we get awesome stuff like TWEWY when that happens. The old games had their day but we have moved on, X was an amazing step forward from the 3 PS1 games and then XI, XII, and now XIII have all offered vastly different experiences. I am already excited to see what Square does next though honestly I will be a bit sad not to see this combat system return in another game.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By luce

Pretty much the most fun I've had with a JRPG in a long time (I dont count Demon's souls as a JRPG) but then again i haven't played a decent one since P4. 

I'm really liking it though. Especially after replaying FF7 and finding out it is not so good.

Mariek430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mariek430

i'm about 44 hours in and I enjoyed it after you could finally level up your party, pick your battle team. Really got into it after the world finally "sort of" opened up. Game also got slightly harder at that point and that was a welcome change.

RedHerb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By RedHerb

I like the game far better when you at least have three party members, it spent far too long getting to that point. I understand it was sacrificing game part for the story it wanted to tell. But when the story is terrible, that's not so appealling. 

A couple of chapters was alright, but after the long chapter with Hope and lightning i got it and was ready to muck around with a full party. But no, i had to wade through 10 more hours or so before i was "ready". It was just oppressively hand holding for me. I felt I was being forced to play a certain way whether i liked it or not...

Final Fantasy 12, is the one I have spent way too much time with, the story wasn't great and overly convoluted but sort like an open world game you could approach it at your own pace. Sort of take it or leave it.  FF is a series i've never been crazy about but this game grabbed me for some reason.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.