Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

IGN FF XIII Impressions.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ravensword
    http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1061264p1.html     

Apparently, its good. However there is some issues. While both ran the same, he did note that the 360 version was noticeably less crisp. This may be due to Compression or a number of other things. Ill wait for reviews, but if this is the case, I guess it reaffirms me wanting to get it on PS3.

hers the Quote: "Both PS3s and 360s were being used to show off the game, which was great as I was able to see both versions running side-by-side. As expected, the 360 version was noticeably less crisp than its PS3 counterpart, but it still ran nicely."

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By sopranosfan
    @ReaperOfLiving said:
    " @Raven_Sword said:
    " http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1061264p1.html      Apparently, its good. However there is some issues. While both ran the same, he did note that the 360 version was noticeably less crisp. This may be due to Compression or a number of other things. Ill wait for reviews, but if this is the case, I guess it reaffirms me wanting to get it on PS3. hers the Quote: "Both PS3s and 360s were being used to show off the game, which was great as I was able to see both versions running side-by-side. As expected, the 360 version was noticeably less crisp than its PS3 counterpart, but it still ran nicely."    "
    The xbox is crap occourse it will look like crap.  They tried jamming it into 3 disks for Xbox which is where I blame small amount of content on.  I hate multiplatforms games. "
    So you are saying that the PS3 is crap because Bayonetta looks like crap on the PS3.
    ReaperOfLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By ReaperOfLiving

@mrcool11 said:

" @ReaperOfLiving said:

" @Raven_Sword said:

" http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1061264p1.html      Apparently, its good. However there is some issues. While both ran the same, he did note that the 360 version was noticeably less crisp. This may be due to Compression or a number of other things. Ill wait for reviews, but if this is the case, I guess it reaffirms me wanting to get it on PS3. hers the Quote: "Both PS3s and 360s were being used to show off the game, which was great as I was able to see both versions running side-by-side. As expected, the 360 version was noticeably less crisp than its PS3 counterpart, but it still ran nicely."    "

The xbox is crap occourse it will look like crap.  They tried jamming it into 3 disks for Xbox which is where I blame small amount of content on.  I hate multiplatforms games. "
    yeah, cause thats not fanboyism at all "
    No it's not. :P  I do hate multiplatforms.  Haven't played one I liked yet?  I guess AC2 was good?

@sopranosfan:  Bayonetta is multiplatform.  The reason it is crap is not because of the PS3 but because of the terrible porting job.
    sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By sopranosfan
    @ReaperOfLiving said:
    "
    @mrcool11 said:

" @ReaperOfLiving said:

" @Raven_Sword said:

No it's not. :P  I do hate multiplatforms.  Haven't played one I liked yet?  I guess AC2 was good?

@sopranosfan:  Bayonetta is multiplatform.  The reason it is crap is not because of the PS3 but because of the terrible porting job. "
    But that isn't what your original statement said.  You said the xbox is crap of course it will look like crap.  I own both and they are BOTH great systems.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By demontium
    @ReaperOfLiving said:
    " @Raven_Sword said:
    Are... are you trying to start a flame war? 

Are you like 10 years old or something? 

@Raven_Sword: never said the Xbox looked like crap, he said IGN said there were some "slight" graphical differences due to compression. So what? 

Like @sopranosfan: said, there are, first of all, games on both systems splitting hairs, persay, on graphics like Bayonetta. 

Furthermore, some of the best games in the best games in the world are multiplatform: 
    • The Orange Box
    • Batman: Arkham Asylum
    • Street Fighter IV
    • Assassins Creed 2
    •  Bioshock

Get the point kid?
    ReaperOfLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ReaperOfLiving
    @demontium:  Only game I liked out of those was AC2.  And laugh out loud at the "10 year old" comment. 

I deleted the original post because i'm afraid it will be targeted and I will get a bunch of flame in my inbox.

I threw my Xbox 360 in the garbage a month ago (only kept HD and power supply) and felt good about it.  It worked and I shouldve sold it but 2008 is over

@sopranosfan:  The Xbox is crap.  Do to the cramming that takes place in multiplatforms makes it well... not so good.  For example this list.

• The Orange Box
    • Street Fighter IV
    • Assassins Creed 2
    •  Bioshock

These were good games.  Why?  Alot of cramming did not take place with multiplayer.
    Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Patchinko

They don't address the resolution of the screens they were playing on, but I think the maximum resolution of the 360 is 1080i/720p, right? 

So if they were playing at 1080p on the PS3 and 1080i/720p on the Xbox, there would be noticeably less crispness, particularly if they were standing close to the screens.

I'd say if you had the choice of platform for this particular game, PS3 is the way to go, particularly if you have a very good AV setup. 

A significant portion of what makes it so impressive is the visuals.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By KaosAngel

Don't forget guys, you only get 1/3 of the story with just owning a 360.  

Versus and Agito will take a good chunk of the story as well.   

SPOILERS AS TO WHY WE ON 2CHANNEL (Japanese version of 4Chan) ARE ALMOST POSITIVE V13 and A13 ARE TIED AND WHERE, DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERS!

So yeah, if you only got a 360, you miss out on more than likely what will be the core components of the story.
    ReaperOfLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ReaperOfLiving
    @KaosAngel said:
    " Don't forget guys, you only get 1/3 of the story with just owning a 360.  

SPOILERS AS TO WHY WE ON 2CHANNEL (Japanese version of 4Chan) ARE ALMOST POSITIVE V13 and A13 ARE TIED AND WHERE, DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERS!

So yeah, if you only got a 360, you miss out on more than likely what will be the core components of the story. "
    I thought they got the whole game, just on 3 disks?
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By KaosAngel
    @ReaperOfLiving said:
    " @KaosAngel said:
    " Don't forget guys, you only get 1/3 of the story with just owning a 360.  

So yeah, if you only got a 360, you miss out on more than likely what will be the core components of the story. "
    I thought they got the whole game, just on 3 disks? "
    Lol, the story takes place after a lot of stuff happens.  Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, and Final Fantasy Agito XIII are all connected with the same story and world, they take place on different times as Square had said before hand with this Nova Crystallis shit.  

Agito XIII will never touch 360 due to being on PSP and Versus will never come out as Tetsuya Nomura hates the 360 with a passion and he's directing Versus.
    ReaperOfLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ReaperOfLiving
    @KaosAngel:
    Oh, so they already have sequels to the game lined up, but Xbox 360 will not be touching them?
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By KaosAngel
    @ReaperOfLiving said:
    " @KaosAngel: Oh, so they already have sequels to the game lined up, but Xbox 360 will not be touching them? "
    Dude, where have you been?!  This has been announced since 2006.  O_o

Have you not seen Versus XIII trailer?  Everyone wants Versus XIII over FF13 because Nomura is directing it and he makes better games than the idiots that made FF13.  The better team is making V13.  

360 just gets FF13 and that's only 1/3 of the story.
    Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By Whisperkill
    @ReaperOfLiving said:
    "
    @mrcool11 said:

" @ReaperOfLiving said:

" @Raven_Sword said:

@sopranosfan:  Bayonetta is multiplatform.  The reason it is crap is not because of the PS3 but because of the terrible porting job. "
    So you don't like ANY multiplatform games....

OKAY Mr. looney, you're not even going to be able to rationally defend yourself from not being a complete fanboy.
    ReaperOfLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ReaperOfLiving
    @Whisperkill:  "I guess AC2 was good?"   I'm not a fanboy.  I owned both systems till I threw my Xbox 360 away a month ago.  it wasn't worth keeping all I played was Halo while the rest of the games were on PlayStation 3?  
    Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By Whisperkill
    @ReaperOfLiving: If you only like 1 mulitplatform game and hate the other console, that makes you... a fanboy.
    ReaperOfLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ReaperOfLiving
    @Whisperkill: If so, then I am.   But at least I have tried almost all of them.
    ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By ZenaxPure

I am doubting I will be fortunate enough to get a PS3 by the time the game comes out but I honestly get the feeling it won't matter much, I can't see Square letting a main-series FF game have a ton of technical issues and I am not nitpicky when it comes to stuff like multi-plat sound quality and other crap that specific. I don't think there will be a huge difference in the 2 versions to the naked eye. 

The more I see it really does look like an evolution of X in a lot of ways, I am looking forward to it all the more. 

@KaosAngel: I think the two major teams have very different ideas on how to make the games (which is where vs. 13 spawned from originally I'd guess) but I really don't think one is better than the other... Though I do really dig Nomura's art-style the most >_>

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Zenaxzd: It's pretty much a given that Nomura's team will be making the better of the 3 games.  People have been more hyped for Versus XIII even before FF13 came out...and there is no chance in hell Nomura will make FFv13 for 360...the guy fucking hates the 360.  He's been pretty clean that V13 will be PS3 only and the only way to fully get the entire story is with Agito and Versus, and after beating FF13...it's pretty much the truth.  

I would not be surprised if FF13 had the weakest story out of the three FF13 games.
    ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#20  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @KaosAngel: I actually like the idea quite a bit, multiple games each giving a portion of the story. Though I have to say (I have tried to avoid any of the plot/character stuff for FF13 so far so yeah I have no idea in general) just watching the trailers for the PSP game, Vs13, and 13 the games look like they have absolutely nothing in common. Can't wait to actually beat the game come March so I can actually start clicking those spoiler tags to see how they all relate >< 

Also yeah from what you and everyone else who has played it posted 13 seems to be more focused on the characters than the plot itself (which I kinda like really) so I wouldn't be surprised if it had the weakest plot of the 3, not that I consider that a problem or anything though.
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Zenaxzd: Oh no, Agito has story elements of FF13 in the plot summery for the Japanese site with the religion and whatnot.  Unless Square is fucking with the fanbase...it's almost clear where Versus takes place.  God damn, I want to talk about this so bad with people cause it's what we've been talking about on 2channel for a few weeks now.  

>.<
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By demontium
    @ReaperOfLiving said:
    " @demontium:  Only game I liked out of those was AC2.  And laugh out loud at the "10 year old" comment. 

I deleted the original post because i'm afraid it will be targeted and I will get a bunch of flame in my inbox.

I threw my Xbox 360 in the garbage a month ago (only kept HD and power supply) and felt good about it.  It worked and I shouldve sold it but 2008 is over

@sopranosfan:  The Xbox is crap.  Do to the cramming that takes place in multiplatforms makes it well... not so good.  For example this list.

• The Orange Box
    • Street Fighter IV
    • Assassins Creed 2
    •  Bioshock
      These were good games.  Why?  Alot of cramming did not take place with multiplayer. "
    Well you alone deleting that post proves my point, but I will respond regardless. 

If you only like AC2 out of that list of gold, it just shows a flaw in your taste or you stick to genres, which is in part a flaw in your taste. 

I really don't care that you threw away about 200 dollars of your own stuff, just makes me more convinced that you are an ignorant youngster. 

SFIV 95% developed for multiplayer. People mostly still play the orange box because of TF2, an online only game. Bioshock 2 is pushing, from what I have heard, a strong multiplayer since Bioshock was too short. 

You are right in saying none of these "crammed multiplayer" nor WILL they cram multiplayer, they just rely heavily upon it. Nothing wrong with that.  

Multiplatform games have just as much value as exclusives, it actually all depends on the developer.
    RisingRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RisingRaiden

This is hillarious to read. :D 
    But as far as I can see, Xbox and FF13 suck.  There's my two cents.

ReaperOfLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ReaperOfLiving
    @demontium: So if I do not like something at the same level as you, then it is a flaw in my taste?

I threw it away because I don't have time for bullshit and money will never be an issue.

The reason it was deleted was because you were right, it will be targeted by flame, especially being the first post.

@RisingRaiden: "But as far as I can see, Xbox and FF13 suck.  There's my two cents."  So you know it sucks?  Really?  What is the game like? I'm sure you can tell us all about it. 
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By demontium
    @ReaperOfLiving said:
    " @demontium: So if I do not like something at the same level as you, then it is a flaw in my taste?

I threw it away because I don't have time for bullshit and money will never be an issue.

The reason it was deleted was because you were right, it will be targeted by flame, especially being the first post.

@RisingRaiden: "But as far as I can see, Xbox and FF13 suck.  There's my two cents."  So you know it sucks?  Really?  What is the game like? I'm sure you can tell us all about it.  "
    Nice try but no. Twisting my words is not a smart tactic. I said:

I said I really don't care that you threw away about 200 dollars of your own stuff, just makes me more convinced that you are an ignorant youngster.

That has nothing to do with your horrible taste. 

I am glad you avoided a flame war, but I am sure its not the real reason why you deleted it kid.
    ReaperOfLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ReaperOfLiving
    @demontium: If you are assuming I deleted because I changed my opinion on Xbox or know it was completely ignorant to post that was not the case.  I despise getting on GiantBomb to find "flame" messages in my inbox. (which I get anyway, hence me replying) I'm am also tired of your "puerile" comments.

If you only like AC2 out of that list of gold, it just shows a flaw in your taste or you stick to genres, which is in part a flaw in your taste.

"So if I do not like something at the same level as you, then it is a flaw in my taste?"    I never twisted your words?  Your calling the list "a list of gold" (opinion) and "if I only like AC2" (true) it is "a flaw in your taste". (arrogant)                                                     
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By demontium
    @ReaperOfLiving said:
    " @demontium: If you are assuming I deleted because I changed my opinion on Xbox or know it was completely ignorant to post that was not the case.  I despise getting on GiantBomb to find "flame" messages in my inbox. (which I get anyway, hence me replying) I'm am also tired of your "puerile" comments.

"So if I do not like something at the same level as you, then it is a flaw in my taste?"    I never twisted your words?  Your calling the list "a list of gold" (opinion) and "if I only like AC2" (true) it is "a flaw in your taste". (arrogant)                                                     
    "
    Oh wow, So you are right about one thing, sorry I misred that. Anyways are we still agruing about this? 

Can someone please back me up on this? @oldschool:

Multi platform games are great.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.