Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

The 5 Things You Will Love About Final Fantasy XIII

ShinjiEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ShinjiEx

1. Battle System

Fast pace action fluent based system that requires quick hands & thinking providing a solid challenge
    Enemies for the most part can be seen & avoided on the field
    No more annoying surprise random battles

2. Characters

They have depth & soul thank to personality & development that was lacking in the previous installments help by the fact we have Lightning the first true bad ass protagonist of the series and the interesting comic relive Sazh who is the oldest & wises so to speak of the cast of hero's

3. Story

Set in a actual SyFy science fictional futuristic world a fist for the series I won't go into details for spoiler reasons but it has all the elements needed War Religion Oppression which are the recipes that make up the epic story

4. Nostalgia

Personally it feels as though I'm playing a new XenoSaga game
    which is one of my favorite JRPG series of all time

5. Share The Love

Whether your 360 player or PS3 player or for the matter both everyone gets to enjoy one of the longest running games & greatest Japanese role playing series that is

Final Fantasy

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Ace829

Will there be a "5 Things I Will hate about Final Fantasy XIII"?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FluxWaveZ

You did something like this once, I believe... glad to see you edited one of your most "controversial" points from last time.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By CL60
    @Atomasist said:
    " Good list I agree with almost everything you said, except for the fact that you spell SciFi as SyFy. "
    Iunno, maybe he was referencing the TV channel? Who knows.
    vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By vaiz

I'm sure all the points are valid, but please never use the term 'SyFy' every again.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Coltonio7

Lighting is pretty effing terrible.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By CL60
    @Coltonio7 said:
    " Lighting is pretty effing terrible. "
    Explain? She is quite awesome as you progress.
    ShinjiEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ShinjiEx

SyFy 
    I just use that way of spelling it  to keep of with the latest trends so  to speak
    Though I do think it looks cool spelled that way LOL

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By vitor

I'm getting into it more the further I delve but have to disagree with characters - I love Sazh and rather like Lightning and Snow but don't you go telling me that Vanille and Hope are anything other than the clichéd chirpy japanese schoolgirl/whiney cowardly brat stereotypes (I've sat through my fair share of bad anime and it's not too awful in comparison but man, they really don't elicit any sympathy from me). Also, while the voice acting is fine for the most part, speaking in an Australian accent while doing Japanese inflection just sounds.... EUUUURGH. When the rest of the cast are going for naturalistic, it just really sticks out.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @Vitor: Vanille and Hope both change as the game progresses, consider that me tellin' you that Vanille and Hope are more than cliched something something something.
    Avatar image for buchinylordoftaco
    BuchinyLordOfTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well, i guess we'll see about that, i've had my copy for some time, but my PS3 just arrived today (i'm more of a PC gamer, and a couple xbox360) , so i'll get back to you on that, though i gotta say, the plot stories of the FF franchise have been declining for some time.
    FF 1- 5 were kind of the same (save the crystals), and 6 was kind of getting good, and 7-9 were awesome, but ever  since then they just feel "meh" to me, hope this one is better.
    also for the 5 things you will hate, please note the fact that FF has made me kill so many flying spleen bird things that it has gotten to the point where i just quit in the middle of the game ( IF I HAVE TO SUMMON IFRIT TO KILL ONE MORE OF THOSE, SO HELP ME GOD I WILL TAKE THIS CONTROLLER AND-)

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By vitor
    @Zenaxzd said:

" @Vitor: Vanille and Hope both change as the game progresses, consider that me tellin' you that Vanille and Hope are more than cliched something something something. "

I'd hope so - one of the reasons I love FFIX was that I felt the character progression (in terms of them maturing as the story unfolded) was excellently done . 

Still, just because a character gets good does not excuse however many hours of annoyance and 2 dimensionality you've had to put up with to get to that point. Characterisations isn't a retroactive process. 

Also, unless Vanille's voice actress changes 20 hours in (or she learns to tone her act the f*** down), I doubt I'll EVER warm to her. 
    ShinjiEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ShinjiEx

What is weird is the sub characters like Hopes Mother is played by an actual Anime voice actress as well as few others I think
    I guess what I'm saying  is why not have actual professional VA'S play the main cast?

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @Vitor: Vanille becomes much more... calm and realistic when *spoiler*. 

As for Hope everyone forgets he is a 14 year old, pretty good one too given the situation. We all know 14 year olds are annoying as fuck.
    ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @BuchinyLordOfTaco: fun fact, Ifrit isn't even a summon in 13 :O
    Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Pinworm45
    @ShinjiEx said:
    This says more about your intelligence than IQ tests ever could
    Avatar image for buchinylordoftaco
    BuchinyLordOfTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Zenaxzd said:
    " @BuchinyLordOfTaco: fun fact, Ifrit isn't even a summon in 13 :O "
    finally? :O
    vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By vitor
    @ShinjiEx said:

" What is weird is the sub characters like Hopes Mother is played by an actual Anime voice actress as well as few others I think I guess what I'm saying  is why not have actual professional VA'S play the main cast? "  

Agreed. At least I've partially forgiven them for not including the Japanese dub once I discovered that they'd changed all the lip syncing for the English one (then it's not just a case of exploiting Blu-Ray's large storage capacity and shoving some extra sound files in there).

@Zenaxzd
    said:

" @Vitor: Vanille becomes much more... calm and realistic when *spoiler*.  As for Hope everyone forgets he is a 14 year old, pretty good one too given the situation. We all know 14 year olds are annoying as fuck. "  

Even so, comparing her to the Japanese version, I really feel they totally miscast her. And it's not just the Australian accent (Claudia Black is Australian after all and she's AWESOME in everything she's been in  - ME2, U2, Dragon Age etc.), it's the way she inflects and generally emotes. She's trying too hard in mimicking how a Japanese girl would play the part which is fine so long as you're speaking in Japanese - those kind of performances work because of the language - Japanese has a lot of long vowels and is really rhythmic so suits that kind of style. English isn't. Then it's just annoying.   

Also, while 14 year olds are a pain in real life - at least you can hit them. Now if FFXIII gave you a slap button...
    ShinjiEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ShinjiEx
    @Pinworm45 said:
    " @ShinjiEx said:
    This says more about your intelligence than IQ tests ever could "
    I take it your still mad about the name change for the TV network
    Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By Pinworm45
    @ShinjiEx said:
    " @Pinworm45 said:
    " @ShinjiEx said:
    This says more about your intelligence than IQ tests ever could "
    I take it your still mad about the name change for the TV network "
    Nah, I couldn't get the channel if I wanted too. Although I do think it's appropriate; the name changes just as all their shows become a giant joke, like Stargate Universe. In fact, the name change couldn't possibly be a better analogy for how crap the channel is anyway. 

However, I was mostly kidding anyway. Just the way you phrased that, with the "LOL" at the end made me think of a mentally handicapped person with a helmet drooling while looking at a "SHINEH QUARTERRRRR"
    Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By Addfwyn
    @BuchinyLordOfTaco:  
    XII didn't have Ifrit either
    Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By Rayeth
    @ShinjiEx said:
    I take it your still mad about the name change for the TV network "
    Everyone everywhere should be mad about that.

Take an easily understood name, change into something unintelligible (WTF is "See-Fee"?!), confuse everyone, ??? , profit ?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.