Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 22, 2010

The second MMO in the Final Fantasy series, famous for its tumultuous launch and subsequent rebirth by a new development team.

A Realm Reborn - Giant Bomb Free Company Thread

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'd love to join the Giant Bomb company once phase 4 starts. I need a good group of people to play with to have any lasting enjoyment in an MMO.

My character name will be Kaegan Tarn and based on my experience in phase 3 I'm leaning heavily towards being a Pugilist. Although I want to live in Gridania so I'll probably be starting with one of their classes.

M_Shini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love to join the Giant Bomb company once phase 4 starts. I need a good group of people to play with to have any lasting enjoyment in an MMO.

My character name will be Kaegan Tarn and based on my experience in phase 3 I'm leaning heavily towards being a Pugilist. Although I want to live in Gridania so I'll probably be starting with one of their classes.

You could just start as pugilist, where you start doesn't decide your allegiance towards a city state as you decide that later on in the story quests when you join the one of the 3 grand company. leaning towards ul'dah myself since i enjoy the layout and am more used to it myself and that was kind of the defualt gathering city back in 1.0 since we had to do all the content seeking for party's by using /shouts back then, ahh the good(bad) old days..

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_shini: Yeah, but the early story quests are nation specific and they made me feel like I was a citizen of that particular nation after completing them. Gameplay wise I know there's no difference but it matters to me.

MelficeVKM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would love to join this, never really played MMOs before but I had fun in phase 3 of the closed beta. Not too sure on my name / class yet as it'll be a new character, thanks

dourin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By dourin

Can't believe it's taken me this long to get around to this, but yeah, I totally plan on joining the Free Company. As of now, I plan to be a Lancer, named Tesyla Bordeaux. Man....phase 4 can't come soon enough.

Scots3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello! New here but would love to join the Giant Bomb Company. Nothing concrete yet but after my beta experience I am thinking about rolling a arcanist/summoner character.

Juno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Hey folks, am looking to roll in during early start and would like to be in Free Company. Really enjoyed playing through Beta.

youbastrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi All,

I would like to join the company as well ... I will likely be playing an Archanist -> Summoner.

Cheers!

Verendus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Count me in on the company as well, I'll be playing as Lancer.

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

As soon as i get home after work on Friday night im logging in and hopefully joining everyone to take over this game, still havent settled on a class but ill post up here with my name and starting city incase anyone needs a hand grinding the starter levels. Looking forward to getting back in with everyone, should be a great weekend! ^_^

Avatar image for chumley_marchbanks
    chumley_marchbanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

So is the Giant Bomb company still going ahead on Ultros? I just want to double check before I make my character in the morning. :)

SnakeLinkSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#112  Edited By SnakeLinkSonic

Everything is on track for tomorrow. I'm gonna try and power through to opening up the Company ASAP so I can start getting you guys in. I'll be updating the OP over the course of the weekend if weather permits (currently a hurricane near me, but that won't be on my doorstep until Saturday probably). Keep the messages coming and I'll keep adding them.

Avatar image for deactivated-64cd222f5c6ac
    deactivated-64cd222f5c6ac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got my Beta invite a few days ago, my name here should reflect my name in game as always.

cbarnes86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would love to be a part of this! Gonna be real hardcore into this game. What server will we be on and how do I sign up (in game and "reserve" a spot here)?

mpgeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I plan on making a side character on Ultros to play with you guys. Going to mainly be on Behemoth with RL friends, but will play on this server too. Selina Geist will be character name.

dourin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snakelinksonic Good to hear (about the OP update, not the hurricane). There didn't seem to be a lot of updates to the thread, so I was afraid things had fallen apart before they ever began. Just curious, how many here are returning v1.0ers, compared to fresh fish faces?

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By WarlordPayne

@cbarnes86: Ultros server for new characters. There's a bunch of info in the first post.

dourin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By dourin

@snakelinksonic Good to hear (about the OP update, not the hurricane). There didn't seem to be a lot of updates to the thread, so I was afraid things had fallen apart before they ever began. Just curious, how many here are returning v1.0ers, compared to fresh fish faces?

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbarnes86: Ultros server for new characters. There's a bunch of info in the first post about how to join and stuff.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ecfb31b61925
    deactivated-5ecfb31b61925

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

I would love to join the guild as well! I won't be on til Saturday likely but Ill go on Ultros as well.

Likely be a thaumaturge or dragoon named Shinji Azuki. Will post if I change the name!

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The wait for Phase 4 is killing me :(

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I don't know what class I wanna choose first. I think I'm just going to be a fisher and be the guild quartermaster...for fish.

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By WarlordPayne

@solh0und said:

The wait for Phase 4 is killing me :(

Me, too. The fact that something is screwed up for NA PS3 players, which is what I am, is making me very nervous. I sure hope they get their stuff worked out soon.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

Just starting playing on the Ultros server. I'm up in the air about getting this game. I really want to play it but I feel like it's going to have a hard time balancing free time between playing this game and other games. What to do!? What to do!? :/

Snarkasaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I was hoping to be joining the company today, but my PS3 died last week and I'm waiting on the replacement. Hopefully I'll see all these giantbombers soon. :(

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hector said:

Just starting playing on the Ultros server. I'm up in the air about getting this game. I really want to play it but I feel like it's going to have a hard time balancing free time between playing this game and other games. What to do!? What to do!? :/

Well you get 30 days free so use that to test the waters of your free time. I'll be personally balancing this,work,and my growing backlog.

SnakeLinkSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The level cap is 20 for open beta (I don't think they want to risk having a bug and wiping peoples characters, and nobody will mourn too hard over losing a level 20). This means I can't make the Company until Early Access begins (at the earliest). The linkshell is up and ready though, I'll begin inviting people as I add them in the game.

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jumped in on the Ultros server today, and so far having a blast. I'm on as Osmond Sano, Conjurer/White Mage.

So how do I go about actually joining the Free Company? Also, are things actually carrying over between this Beta (today -> Monday) and the release?

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just joined Ultros. Was gonna do Gilgamesh like in Beta, but if fellow bombers are playing on Ultros then why not? Could you add me to the newbie list? Playing a Lancer: Raize Graymalkin.

So a Linkshell is basically a guild right?

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just joined Ultros. Was gonna do Gilgamesh like in Beta, but if fellow bombers are playing on Ultros then why not? Could you add me to the newbie list? Playing a Lancer: Raize Graymalkin.

So a Linkshell is basically a guild right?

SnakeLinkSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kishinfoulux: The Grand Company are ARR's version of guilds. The Linkshell is just a chat channel we can all speak to one another on.

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epidehl: Unless there's some sort of catastrophic bug then these characters will carry over into early access and release.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By kishinfoulux

@kishinfoulux: The Grand Company are ARR's version of guilds. The Linkshell is just a chat channel we can all speak to one another on.

Ah gotcha. Thanks.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

Is the PS3 disc required to play the game aside from installation?

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Solh0und

For PS3 players: L1 + Start is for taking screenshots.

Now I just need to find a way to share them.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For PS3 Players: L1 + start is for taking screenshots.

@hector said:

Is the PS3 disc required to play the game aside from installation?

That's a good question. I would like to know that myself.

SnakeLinkSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By SnakeLinkSonic

Taking a break for a bit. I'll probably be logging back on after today's Unprofessional Friday ends. If you still would like a linkshell invite, try to send me a /tell then.

nadesico33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, I can't come up with a new male character name I like, so I'm falling back on one of my stock female characters and names. So its currently Blackbird Shepard

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

damn...Ive been sitting for the last 30 mins refreshing the server, dosent look like im getting onto Ultros...i waited too long lol

Juno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Was able to get a character setup on Ultros this morning. Brayde Tahal, Thaumaturge.

dourin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shit...knew I should've just made my character this morning before work....

May want to put something in the OP about the server problem. No idea what to do now.....

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well this is fucking awesome. I couldn't progress in the story due a bug so I said screw it, decided to delete my character, and just reroll in another starting zone, and what do ya know? Server is full and not accepting any more new characters.

Fuck me.

SnakeLinkSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By SnakeLinkSonic

@dourin: Yeah, I came to add it now. Dunno if they'll reinstate it or not, they did it for the other worlds it happened with: http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/100415-The-beta-test-server-status-for-Aug.-16?p=1239603#post1239603

Character creation on the Moogle, Odin, and Ragnarok Worlds have been reinstated.

In addtion, we have stopped allowing the creation of new characters in the following worlds:

Coeurl

Malboro

Cactuar

Ultros

Sargatanas

Diabolos

Gilgamesh

Leviathan

Balmung

Hyperion

Behemoth

Excalibur

When creating a new character, please select a World other than the ones listed above. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I managed to get in not long after the servers opened. Character name is Gumu Banks, playing Gladiator. I really like the idea of a Lalafell tank.

Kteven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Kteven

I have been playing for most of the day (early beta shit yo), and I'm loving it. I know I shouldn't like being a level 7 fisherman but I do. I find it super weird though that I am on Ultros (NA) and have no lag. Being in England I expected shit to be lagged to fucked, but it works! Best day off in a while.

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still cant make a character on Ultros. ill try again later tonight.

Turkalurch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Turkalurch

Hey guys, I've been playing on the server today and got to my guildleves so i though I should probably join the linkshell/company to contribute. My character name is Farem Rin. Who should I contact ingame?

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@snakelinksonic: Thanks for keeping this so organized during all the server overflow drama. I made my character in the middle of the night, and have been playing like a fiend. "Loudsong T'leo" is my archer/bard, just about level 13 now. Trying to be lore-appropriate with that apostrophe for the... uh, cat people.

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By m1k3

Was able to make a character on Ultros. Playing as Maou Sena.

newhaap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.