Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 22, 2010

The second MMO in the Final Fantasy series, famous for its tumultuous launch and subsequent rebirth by a new development team.

Fantastic new trailer for FFXIV: A Realm Reborn

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

So I bought FFXIV when it was released, it fucking sucked and I wanted to remove my own testicals, but I didn't. Square realized they shit the bed on this one and decided to restructure and relaunch the entire game, I really do admire their dedication.

So here is the trailer for the relaunch of FFXIV and it is fucking incredible, make sure to 1080p the shit out of this video.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since I posted this at a terrible time, I thought I'd give myself a free bump. Don't kill me mods.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Pazy

I saw this last night after being sorely dissapointed by the end. They said anyone who ever had an account could freely reactivate and see the ending, so an hour before they end (and before the final events) they kicked off all the free players :| Apparently even paid players would get randomly kicked off to.

I am still super excited for A Realm Reborn, i would have even played more FF14 (I only played it after major patch's to be fair) if my friend didn't get constant crashes.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Samaritan

Ah shit, Deathwing is pissed!

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Giantstalker

I played the game during the closed beta, and... well, damn...

I wonder what they've actually done to make it playable. Regardless, some nice CG.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Demyx

I must say that trailer really impressed me. I am definitely thinking about getting this game, I hope there is a PS3 version, I also wish there wasn't a sub fee but there probably will be.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Jeust

Ths trailer is awesome!

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8  Edited By Giantstalker

@Demyx: I did a little digging and apparently they are still planning on a PS3 version. The newest screenshots from the console version of the game are from October 29th, not too long ago. Clearly they're still trying, which is a good sign I guess.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

#9  Edited By StarvingGamer

That was pretty fucking rad.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Subjugation

We all know Square Enix can produce some pretty CG, but the question still remains: Is the game still awful? If so, this cool trailer won't mean jack. Also, sub fees.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By awesomeusername

Holy tinples peengina. That was awesome!

Voxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Voxus

Yeah the trailer was awesome, but I'm still salty from the original 14. Going to take more than a flashly trailer that to get me back of board. Just me though.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By ESREVER

That fucking trailer, holy shit... Absolutely gorgeous and I loved the music too. I'm still super curious about trying 14. Something about it I just find... appealing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@0blivion said:

Yeah the trailer was awesome, but I'm still salty from the original 14. Going to take more than a flashly trailer that to get me back of board. Just me though.

I agree, but they could have just shut down XIV and put their resources towards other projects, Instead they are focusing on fixing the game with a major overhaul. If nothing else, it shows they are passionate about really fixing the game and producing something the fans of FF and FF11 will love, I really hope it works out.

M_Shini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By M_Shini

I played it since launch for a long while for maybe over 6 months and the big problem was some bad UI and stability issues ect and the main big issue was huge lack of content, when it first launched it didn't even have endgame content which is kinda nuts, even if i did enjoy how it felt without stuff to do it was bad to play it as a mmo, 14 least gives me hope cuz its made by crazy Japanese people so whatever they do they can't really make themselves make it as same old as every other mmo that's been coming out in the last 2 or so years.

Even still i do reckon 14 will only really cater to people that were already into ff11 or are uber crazy on final fantasy niche crowd. Which is fine either way, still i do wonder how much money they have lost and are still throwing at this to make this still happen, if this was any other developer this would be either f2p or completely shut off by now.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Barrock

Signed up for the beta. Fingers crossed.

Voxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Voxus

@Bucketdeth said:

@0blivion said:

I agree, but they could have just shut down XIV and put their resources towards other projects, Instead they are focusing on fixing the game with a major overhaul. If nothing else, it shows they are passionate about really fixing the game and producing something the fans of FF and FF11 will love, I really hope it works out.

I agree, their intentions seem to be heading in the right direction. But right now in my eyes, it could go either way. Also, Mech Pilot +1.

darklight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By darklight

So after searching a little on this they made a end event a la matrix online? I checked what the event was supposed to be but I did not find anything interesting on the subject, beside the video you posted. I was very interested in FFXIV when I subscribed to the beta because I really liked FFXI.

As for the video, as usual Square is pretty damn good to make CG and I wish the game was that great. I'm very curious on how the game will turn out since I did not follow the new direction since I did not like FFXIV. At the moment though I'm pretty pessimistic and I'm not expecting much. Still, I'll check out the re-release date and see what are the changes they made.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#19  Edited By ESREVER

Anyone know the song in the trailer? I would love to listen to it without all the armor clanking and asplosions. I know the female singer is Susan Calloway, she did the previous ff14 song and I saw her perform live at Distant Worlds.

EDIT~ Nevermind, I did the searching myself. Song is Answers from the FFXIV OST:

koolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By koolaid

God! Does any one really give a shit abo...

Wait.

Was that... Magitek armor?!

I have to to go.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MiniPato

Apparently FFXIV has improved a shit ton since it's shitty launch, even before this Realm Reborn business. So, does anyone on here actually play FFXIV? Actively or at least recently? I really am tempted to try it out, especially with all this relaunch stuff looking really pretty. But I ain't ever payed a subscription to play a game in my life.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By Tylea002

That sure is a five minute CG video that is tangentially related to an MMO.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#23  Edited By jacksukeru

That was indeed a fantastic trailer.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By toowalrus

@Captain_Felafel said:

Ah shit, Deathwing is pissed!

Ah. Again! Oh man, I thought we dealt with this in in like, 2010! Not even the power of prayer could save them!

Sign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Sign

@MiniPato said:

Apparently FFXIV has improved a shit ton since it's shitty launch, even before this Realm Reborn business. So, does anyone on here actually play FFXIV? Actively or at least recently? I really am tempted to try it out, especially with all this relaunch stuff looking really pretty. But I ain't ever payed a subscription to play a game in my life.

Unfortunately that video was released to mark the shutting down of FFXIV 1.0. There is no game to play now until they open up the Alpha on Nov. 26 to people outside of Japan. They are shooting for Beta by Jan.-Feb.. Since Yoshida took over the game has made drastic improvements (still hampered by shitty server and ui design though). He has had to make the current game interesting and still work on A Realm Reborn. They have done an almost 100% engine and server side re-write, basically scrapping everything except for artwork and models. I don't think it will ever be a blockbuster in any sense but if he gets it right it will be a constant revenue just like FFXI.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By envane

mabye in spoiler tags , but could somebody jsut explain the ending events for 1.0 , i was always interested but never took the bait to get back in with all the promises , i may check out a realm reborn but clearly the chance to see what they did with 1.0 has passed.

SnakeLinkSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SnakeLinkSonic

@MiniPato said:

Yeah, most people/websites/articles have ignored the progress it's made since the infamous beta (which is quite a bit), but there was some significant stuff that will just have to wait until ARR to be addressed. Sign is correct though, the game was unavailable for anyone who didn't already have an account after September. The game isn't even able to be purchased right now by any normal venue because all the old boxes and copies are being destroyed and re-branded for the relaunch. I also agree with Sign in that even if the rebirth goes off ideally, it's not gonna be the next WoW or anything. At best, it stands a good chance of being a modest financial successor to Final Fantasy XI with only one factor that I personally see being the wildcard; the accessibility and casual play it allows (something both FFXI and FFXIV kind of majorly disregarded).

yuna866

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By yuna866

well alpha is over now, closed beta phase 1 starts mid february, phase 4 will be open beta. roadmap is already up too http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/teaser/index2.html

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.