Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy

Franchise »

Final Fantasy is Square Enix's most famous and successful franchise and has been going for more than 35 years. With the impending release of Final Fantasy XVI, there are sixteen numbered mainline games, with dozens of spin-offs.

Final Fantasy Nostalgia Powertrip

Alecrein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Edited By Alecrein

Let's rewind time. Final Fantasy is a JRPG. Preference of liking or hating it is completely left up to the player/individual, factors in which could determine preference is masculinity, aversion to all things Japanese, and not understanding "convoluted" plot-lines. In no way is intelligence a factor in Final Fantasy being enjoyed, although it doesn't hurt either. Final Fantasy back in the day was not only for the intelligent, but it sure did help give birth to them, as did many JRPGs.

"Nostalgia hit me like a train!"

Reworked and less idiotic I hope.

Alecrein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Alecrein

Let's rewind time. Final Fantasy is a JRPG. Preference of liking or hating it is completely left up to the player/individual, factors in which could determine preference is masculinity, aversion to all things Japanese, and not understanding "convoluted" plot-lines. In no way is intelligence a factor in Final Fantasy being enjoyed, although it doesn't hurt either. Final Fantasy back in the day was not only for the intelligent, but it sure did help give birth to them, as did many JRPGs.

"Nostalgia hit me like a train!"

Reworked and less idiotic I hope.

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By kashif1

Erm what are you trying to say here?

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@Alecrein said:

Final Fantasy back in the day was not only for the intelligent, but it sure did help give birth to them, as did many JRPGs.

What?

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Brendan

Are you saying that Final Fantasy is my father?

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By killacam

masculinity? the first factor?

Alecrein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Alecrein

Yes, Final Fantasy is your father. And depending on how manly you are is how much you liked the series I will not say which end is which though. I was merely trying to say that the gameplay/style of JRPGS helped cultivate what in society we believe to be intelligence (Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic).

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LikeaSsur

I'm not sure how masculinity is involved at all. A good story is a good story, and the manliest man or the girliest girl would both agree.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Justin258

@Alecrein said:

Yes, Final Fantasy is your father. And depending on how manly you are is how much you liked the series I will not say which end is which though. I was merely trying to say that the gameplay/style of JRPGS helped cultivate what in society we believe to be intelligence (Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic).

...There's undeserved praise and then there's claiming that your favorite franchise was the very birth of intelligence.

You either need to get a better grasp of English or a better grasp on what a video game is and can do.

Also, Chrono Trigger > anything Final Fantasy with the possible exception of VI.

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@Alecrein said:

Final Fantasy back in the day was not only for the intelligent, but it sure did help give birth to them, as did many JRPGs.

What?

That's enough with your fucking arguing mother fucker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By TobbRobb

Jesus christ. ENGLISH. PLEASE.

Also your argument is wrong, and barely an argument at all.

This thread is dumb, and we should all feel dumber for entering.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.