Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fire Emblem: Shin Monshou no Nazo - Hikari to Kage no Eiyuu

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jul 15, 2010

The 12th game in the Fire Emblem series and a remake of Fire Emblem: Monsho no Nazo, released only in Japan for the DS. It is the first Fire Emblem game since the series' international debut to not be released in territories outside of Japan.

So does anyone know when this game's coming out in the US?

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By TehFlan

I was just wondering cause it seems pretty cool and I'd like to play it. I love me some Fire Emblem.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#2  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Don't we all? It's been out in Japan for a year now, which makes me uneasy. It's clearly the result of them wanting to focus on the 3DS and push that out in the spotlight, but does the mainstream audience even care about Fire Emblem? Would it really hurt their marketing strategy to release Shin Monshou no Nazo in the west? Wouldn't it make money?  Am I asking hypothetical questions to help hide my immaculate rage? 

Worst case scenario is that they don't release it and you have to locate shady ROMs and fan translations on the interweb. I'm pretty sure there's a fan translation in progress, so there's that...

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By TehFlan

I don't really like the idea of doing shady things to play this game, so hopefully it doesn't come to that. :/ 

But yeah, I don't see this game taking a whole lot of spotlight away from the 3DS, it's not like it's Mario or something. At the same time, I remember hearing from somewhere that Shadow Dragon sold about as well in the US as in Japan, so it's not like they wouldn't make money off it. I really hope it gets released at some point.

MikeHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By MikeHawk

I thought that one of the main reasons they even remade FE1 was to introduce it to a western audience. So it would make sense if they did likewise for the FE3 remake. I've already played fan translations of FE4 and FE6, and I really don't want to have to play one of this game.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Video_Game_King

I've both my doubts and a lingering sense of hope.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.