Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fortnite

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jul 25, 2017

Originally a co-operative looter shooter from the studios behind Unreal Tournament and Gears of War, Fortnite became one of the most successful PvP "battle royale" games and later became its own platform for several types of games.

Why wasn't this at E3?

lil_cheeks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By lil_cheeks

Two things, first, why wasn't this at E3? I was hoping to see more about it at E3 but it seems like it slowly died. Second, if this was announced as an Xbox One and PC exclusive, i bet many people would forgive Microsoft for some of their terrible marketing skills. I know i would.

Avatar image for white_silhouette
    White_Silhouette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By White_Silhouette

I am also curious to know the status of this game. The concept sounds great. Hopefully they have just gone dark until they have something great to show....ya know like Half Life 2: Episode 3.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

That's a good question. Really curious to know what they're up to with Fortnite.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

you'll have to wait 14 days after the end of e3, unfortunately.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this was announced as an Xbox One and PC exclusive, i bet many people would forgive Microsoft for some of their terrible marketing skills. I know i would.

Why? We don't know much about it other that it's some kind of zombie survival thing with a day/night cycle that sounds pretty tower-defense-y.

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I don't think it's suspicious not to see something at E3. Apparently it takes a tremendous amount of time and money to go out of one's way and make an e3 product. I think we'll see less and less stuff at the show that's not just movie-trailers as time goes on.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By supamon

I remember Cliff Blezinski answering someone on twitter that it's still in development not too long after E3.

lil_cheeks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

@lil_cheeks said:

If this was announced as an Xbox One and PC exclusive, i bet many people would forgive Microsoft for some of their terrible marketing skills. I know i would.

Why? We don't know much about it other that it's some kind of zombie survival thing with a day/night cycle that sounds pretty tower-defense-y.

True, we don't know a lot about it yet. But i like the idea of a tower defense like game that allows you to build your base like they showed previously. Its like combining Minecraft with a third person horde mode. I can't think of a more fun/intense co-op experience like it. Consider me sold.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought Epic never did E3, but I could very well be wrong.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

They realized that tower defense is lame.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

My uncle works on Fortnight, he said they weren't ready to show gaem.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.