What Amiibo will it take for you to give in?

• 87 results
leinad44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Given Dan's recent fall from grace regarding Amiibo and Jason's reluctant interest in the Ryu Amiibo. I've recently been thinking what it would take for me to buy one.

For me it would probably be the Skull Kid from Majora's Mask. But since the rerelease of Majora's Mask has come and gone, I think I'm safe for now.

So what potential figure could Nintendo produce that will cause you to give in and have Amiibos ruin your life?

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

I already gave in, with the Inkling Girl, she looks rad.
Only got a few though, but will get Bayonetta.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I gave in for the fire emblem amiibos. Those and Link are the only I own at the moment luckily. Although that ganondorf is mighty tempting...

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I got Link and Toon Link.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

I wanted the Inkling set and I'd really like Bayonetta. I don't think I want either enough to buy them myself though, they're just too expensive for what they do. I might be tempted to throw them out as a gift idea if someone wanted a small novelty present for me however.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

They already did and his name was Shovel Knight.

I do want the Fire Emblem ones but I refuse to pay any money-grubbing scalpers for them...so I'll probably never get any. If I had extra money to blow I'd probably get the Legend of Zelda and Animal Crossing ones as well.

I went back and forth putting and removing Shovel Knight from my Amazon cart trying to decide if I really wanted it or not. Now that I pulled the trigger though I'm cool with it. He's fuckin' rad and I like how fairly well designed and produced they are.

Bleshoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please don't hate me, but I'm only missing 9 Amiibo from my collection.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#8  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Dennis Hopper as Koopa.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Zeik

Toon Link is the one and only I own atm. I thought about getting the Shulk one, but it's too much of a pain in the ass to track it down. Plus the larger humanoid characters don't look quite as good.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By monetarydread

Some sore of Square Legacy Collection Amiibo's would get me to purchase something. I would definitely pick up a Chrono and a Lucca figurine, an Ashley Riot, a Mushahi, and maybe a Kefka Amiibo if it was detailed enough.

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I already caved for Fire Emblem. Now that the seal has been broken, as they say, I kinda really want a Samus. And Bayonetta.

And maybe Toon Link.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Samus. Turns out they made it...so I already gave in. Thankfully, I'm not a crazy person and there's only 6 Amiibos I want to collect and I have those 6 so now I'm done with Amiibos...until they make Tetra (the pirate girl who turns out to be Zelda in WW #spoileralert), Toon Zelda, Toon Ganon, King of Red Lions, Sable, or Callie & Marie Amiibos. Sadly, I only realistically expect Sable, Callie, and Marie to get Amiibos, but I can hope, right?

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i kinda want them to make the use of them actually worthwhile that's the real reason i haven't opened my amiibo i have tons of disney infinity figures all opened cause the game is actually enjoyable

InstantRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I gave in a long time ago but I'll most likely be done once I get Ryu and Bayonetta. I'm still 50/50 on Cloud but those 3 are the last ones I'm looking at.

youeightit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Famicom Rob the Robot might be the one that knocks me off the cliff. The Bayonetta one looks pretty good, too.

joshth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tom Nook was all it took for me to buy in. I would do anything for that conniving raccoon.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Abe... because thankfully Nintendo don't create interesting characters I'll never have the urge to buy an Amiibo.... Bayonetta aside.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Tom Nook got me, the sly bastard. I now have Shovel Knight too.

leinad44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its worse than I feared!

Avatar image for gendergenerator
gendergenerator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Pac-Man for me

It always starts with "i'll just get this one or these two" and then evolves into a problem unless you have extreme restraint.

I however refuse get multiple variations of a character. There might be 6 variations of Yoshi but i only want one or two.I don't see something like gold Megaman and go "oh a vital part of my collection" i just think "wow they sure did paint him 1 solid color i guess".

Avatar image for vincentvendetta
VincentVendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22  Edited By VincentVendetta
No Caption Provided

Tom Nook broke me. And now...

I even started a new game of Animal Crossing.

I don't even own a Wii U or a 3DS!

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#23  Edited By TechnoSyndrome

I gave in when they put out Captain Falcon. I expected it to be the only one I got, and now I have 11, plus a pre-order for Ryu and Wolf Link via Twilight Princess HD...

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yarn Yoshi did it for me, but i have yet to progress further. Tom Nook is mighty temptin...

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The thing about amiibo is they're pretty cheap, very nice looking figures of mostly Nintendo characters...something that surprisingly never really existed before amiibo. I only have a couple, Yarn Yoshi was the first one I really wanted. The other couple I have I have for use with a few games. The only one I have displayed is Yarn Yoshi, the rest are in a dark drawer.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

I bought the Super Mario Maker 30th Anniversary Mario, because he looks awesome. I think a few others look cool too, but so far I've been holding off buing more.

Note: I don't own a Wii U.

TanookiSuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TanookiSuit

I do not own a WiiU or New 3DS (I have an XL and and OG 3DS already though :/) but I pre-ordered the Famicom ROB amiibo. I feel ashamed but he's pretty friggn cool.

Edit: I've also wanted a Yarn Yoshi, 30th Anniversary Mario and KK Slider but resisted. This is a slippery slope...

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28  Edited By viking_funeral

So far I only have Ness.

Nothing else has really caught my eye. I have a Link figurine, but I went for a higher-end one from Japan. Might do the same for Samus at some point. The Amiibos are... okay. Not amazing.

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Mickey Mouse as the Master Chief 25th anniversary amiibo.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku and Sonic making out gamestop exclusive amiibo.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

It always starts with "i'll just get this one or these two" and then evolves into a problem unless you have extreme restraint.

I'm envisioning Amiibo dealers hanging out near shady Gamestop locations giving out the first one for free as a taste.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

I think Amiibo might be one of the worst things to happen to gaming consumers in years. It makes a ton of business sense for game companies, but for players Amiibo is starting to basically become a gate blocking you from DLC if you don't want the clutter of figurines around your place. I've read the new Twilight Princess HD has an optional dungeon that is only accessible if you have the proper Amiibo. Stuff like that is what will get to buy one and it annoys me because I don't want any of them.

Then you have the artificial scarcity since Nintendo seemingly doesn't make enough and secondary markets...

Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

So far the price of these things is doing a good job of stopping this from becoming a problem for me. I'd really like a King Dedede and Toon Link amiibo, but I'm sure as hell not playing 30+ dollars for something that's supposed to cost $12.99.

I did pre-order that Ryu amiibo though, and pre-ording what is essentially a tiny statue might be the beginning of a dark path for me.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#34  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I already got my two Fire Emblem amiibos from a weird secondary Amazon import listing and I'm still considering getting the other two because I'm a sucker.

Genfuyung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ryu was my breaking point.

Nymphonomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Animal Crossing line broke me. I pre-ordered Mabel and bought Lottie as soon as I saw her in a store.

I also bought a pink yarn Yoshi, but don't own Woolie World.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Hate to be 'that guy' but I don't really think there's a single Nintendo character (or video game character in general?) that I care about enough to buy a physical figure of.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Dixavd
No Caption Provided

Shulk. I've been looking for something to physically embody my love of Xenoblade for a while. While I don't actually have a great love for Shulk as a character (he holds the same level of mild adoration as I have for Luke Skywalker) and would much prefer a model of Melia, Fiora, Dunban or just the Monado, the fact that those simply do not exist mean I'll settle for this. Xenoblade holds an important place in my heart that I find great joy in personifying with a figure of whatever value. I was actually impressed with the amiibo's quality too.

Shulk wasn't my first amiibo though, since when my Dad gave me Super Smash Bros. WiiU for my birthday in 2014, he also gave me the Link amiibo as he knew I loved the Zelda series (he didn't know what an amiibo was at the time). The other amiibos I have are: Blue Yarn Yoshi, Samus (in armour), Kirby and Lucina. Lucina is my favourite of all that I own (both as a character, but also I think her figure is best).

billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

None of them. I will never buy an Amiibo

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike: sounds like Jeff's biggest fear (though he may be lying about having never bought an amiibo)

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

These. No joke, if they ever made Amiibos out of this ad, I would be there day one. I haven't even owned a Nintendo console since the 64, and I'd be all over these.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I wouldn't take an Amiibo for free. It's just clutter.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ripelivejam

@dixavd: that shulk looks pretty damn incredible

Too bad(?) it isnt shirtless

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

@slag: the amiibo does come bundled with the game at least, though the digital version is $10 cheaper.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ripelivejam: If they made a shirtless version, I'd buy it for my sister just to annoy her.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dixavd: Have to agree on the Lucina figure. Out of the ones I have she's my favorite as well. Something about hers just seems slightly better.

Avatar image for commanderbuttmunch
commanderbuttmunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pink Yarn Yoshi is what broke me, despite not having even played Woolly World(super tempted to buy a blue one, too). It is aaaaadorable.

I did actually buy a Pikachu amiibo beforehand, however it was partially in order to obtain free shipping on an xmas gift. I'd have purchased a Yoshi instead, but someone had strongly hinted to me that I'd be receiving one as a gift. This never came to pass, so I just bought it for myself, subsequently.

It's a real slippery slope though, I tells ya. The urge to buy more is strong and this is a problem, because my budget has tightened recently and my will is weak. I fully expect to break, sooner or later.

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By jay_ray

Screw Amiibos (Amiibi?), I got my Disney Infinity collection to think about.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#49 riostarwind  Moderator

I was in on day one. I always wanted to own a Kirby figure for a while now so it was a easy and cheap way to get one. I followed that up with another 5 figures over 2014-15 but my interest started to fade after picking up a reprint of Rosalina.

Nulix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Yarn Yoshi is the closest I've come. I don't even have a Wii U but that looks so nice.